Removing rear seats for clean up - Hyundai Forum - Hyundai Enthusiast Forums

Old 04-25-2011, 09:42 PM

Default Removing rear seats for clean up

I recently bought a 2006 Tuscon and am in process of detailing and cleaning inside carpets, wondering if anyyone has removed rear seat bottoms to clean under the seats, they seem to be hinged to seatbacks.
Any tips appreciated.
Old 04-26-2011, 11:35 AM
Super Moderator

It's not simple procedure. They have to be unbolted to be removed.

SEAT ASSEMBLY REPLACEMENT

1.After removing the cushion frame hinge cover (A), loosen the mounting bolts.Fold the cushion (B).

2.Loosen the recliner hinge (C) mounting nut and bolt, then rear seat assembly (D).

3.Installation is the reverse of removal.

SEAT MOUNTING BOLT AND NUT INSTALLATION PROCEDURE.
- Tighten temporarily in the order of nut and bolt on the front of recliner hinge installation part.
- After completely tightening completely the bolt on the back of the recliner hinge installaion part, tighten the bolt on the front of it completely.
- Setting down the seat cushion, tighten the mounting bolt of the cushion frame hinge.
- Check if reclining the seat and folding seat back operate smoothly.

Old 04-28-2011, 08:51 PM

Thanks for the picture, what I did was unbolt the 4 bolts (A) after removing the plastic covers (small phillips screw on each cover), then I folded the seat bottom up against the seat backs, used a bungee cord to hold seat bottoms up. I then thoroughly cleaned the 5 years of dirt and crumbs that was caught under the seats. I also unbolted the outer seat belts from the floor, lots of crud to clean from where they bolt in. Time spent was an hour and 15 min, well worth it.