Detailing Discuss detailing your ride within.

santa fe wheel color

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2008, 08:35 AM
Default santa fe wheel color

I have a 2008 Santa Fe Limited and encountered a curb with the right front wheel. It's not too bad, only a scratch about 3" long on the outer edge of the wheel. I asked the dealer for touch up paint and he said touch uppaint for wheels is not available. I asked him what color the wheels were so I could try to find a match elseware and he didn't know. He said he could arange to have thewheel sent out to be repaired ($100 - $200). I told him you have got to be kidding, we are talking about a 3" scratch on the edge of a wheel I could easily fixmyself if I could get the correct color paint. I find it hard to believe that a Hyundai parts dept manager with access toinfo to any part on any Hyundai is unable to get this color info.Does anyone know where I might find this info? Thanks.

Old 11-02-2008, 07:18 PM
Default RE: santa fe wheel color

Heyya,

Firstly Bad Luck I had the same thing happen to me just after I had put new rims on my Elantra.

If your rims are a solid colour the first thing you could try is get a ORBITAL sander (NOT BELT) with a really fine grit paper something like 320+ and use it very lightly on the scratch this will eventually sand oput and become unnoticeable.

If this idea isnt for you do what most of use people do and dont use the hyuindai dealers for anything regarding repairs all they want to do is sell things fixing doesnt make them money. Call up tyre shops and see what they recommend but as far as I am aware there are no touch up paints for rims.

Again iof that doesnt seem to good an idea then finally takew iot to a paint shop and see if they can colour match an enamel paint to the colour of your rims they are very acurate, the only down side is that they might ask you to take the rim off so you will need to use your spare.

Best of luck.

P.S. Please let me know how you go

Old 11-05-2008, 10:25 AM
Default RE: santa fe wheel color

Thanks for the reply. I cleaned up the scratch as well as possible and it really isn't that bad. It's about 4" X 1/4" and is along the edge of the wheel next to the tire. The color of the alloy wheel and the paint color are pretty close so it's not too noticeable. I'm not going to do anything else to fix it until I can get a match for the paint. If anybody has any suggestions please advise. Thanks.