Detailing Discuss detailing your ride within.

Review of Katzkins leather seat covers

Old 03-12-2009, 09:48 PM
Default Review of Katzkins leather seat covers

I ordered custom leather seat covers for my 2007 Elantra HD from Canada Katzkins. My old 2003 Elantra GT had leather seats and when I upgraded to a new Elantra I missed the leather so much I went on a search to add it.

I ended up deciding to order Katzkins leather seat covers from a dealer here in Canada called Canada Katzkins (http://www.CanadaKatzkins.com).

Canada Katzkins recommend professional installation but in the effort of cost savings I decided to try for a self-install. They sell on their web site a DIY kit that includes hog ring pliers and hog rings so you can install them yourself. Their web site even has instructions and a link to a VERY good video for self installation.

I first ordered a sample book from them with actual leather samples ($5.00 cdn) and picked covers that matched the factory look as close as possible (they have tons of colors, exotic coverings, seat heaters, massagers, etc). Shipping was about 3 weeks (they are all custom made) and arrived in perfect shape. Seat covers were beautiful and scary when I considered all the pieces and installing them.

The covers themselves are great all the pieces were either backed with foam or padding, had all the plastic and velcro clips to match the factory seats, the stitching was tight and strong (it needs to be for installation). The installation kit consisted of a set of hog ring pliers that looked really heavy duty and several hundred hog rings (enough for about 3 sets of Elantra seats). If you haven't already guessed these site covers replace the cloth seat covers, they don't just slip over.

I installed the covers over a weekend at my brother-in-law's. The seat covers took quite a bit of time but it wasn't hard and only really require patience and attention to detail. My brother-in-law and I tended to work slow so we wouldn't make mistakes.

The final product is AWESOME there is no way anyone would say these were not a factory install, they look great, they smell great, they feel great. The Katzkins are a 100% perfect, exact fit! I've never seen any other custom leather seats but I don't see how you could top Katzkins as a manufacturer.

As for Canada Katzkins the dealer.
I absolutely love them they were super to deal with. I even emailed the guys with a question on a Saturday and got an answer back that night!

Conclusion:
Purchased from: www.CanadaKatzkins.com
Purchase price: Approximately $949 cdn or $740 us for base covers
Install time: About 12-16 hours (but we worked slow and careful)
Tools needed: Sockets, screwdrivers, hog ring pliers, nothing fancy

I've attached a few photos of the final installation

Attached Thumbnails Review of Katzkins leather seat covers-img_0757.jpg   Review of Katzkins leather seat covers-img_0758.jpg   Review of Katzkins leather seat covers-img_0762.jpg   Review of Katzkins leather seat covers-img_0763.jpg  

Last edited by Bitmugger; 03-12-2009 at 09:51 PM.
Old 07-13-2009, 01:52 PM

it really is a nice piece of seat cover... was wondering if this is also availablele in other colors though... would like to see one in red or black...

Old 04-23-2010, 04:00 AM

My friend has got the red seat cover and it really is amazing to look at. Very cool indeed. I got really envy after seeing it.

Last edited by NovaResource; 08-03-2010 at 07:07 AM.