Hyundai Elantra While not much larger than the accent, the Elantra offers similar room, but a sportier look and feel, as well as more power.

BlueConnect Replacement

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2017, 04:23 PM
Unhappy BlueConnect Replacement

Hello, I have an 09 Elantra with factory Blueconnect. Works fine on my phone an old Slll, but got my wife a new ZTE Zmax and we are out of luck for compatibility. Don't know the story, but it seems that the older blueconnect has become useless with new phones. Only older phones seem to be compatible.

So, my question is what is everyone doing with the blueconnect? I found nothing on a forum search. Is everyone just abandoning it or is there an alternative and what are the alternatives.

Thanks

Old 11-28-2017, 08:19 AM

And I was looking on here hoping to find an answer to the very same question. Ours is still pairing with our phones (OK, not entirely new ones), but the audio (microphone especially) is getting really bad. Had opened up the housing to see if the mic was clogged with dust or something, but couldn't even find where the mic is. So I'm looking at replacements now. Would like something that's powered off the car (my wife's car, and she'd likely forget to keep it charged), but I seriously doubt there's a plug-in replacement. The radio is still good in the car (2009 Tucson) so not looking to replace that yet (with one that has BT).

I do see there are some "solar powered" BT handsfree units, don't know if any are good or not.