General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Code PO113/Please help!

Old 05-08-2010, 09:26 PM
Default Code PO113/Please help!

I own a 2003 Tiburon (4 cyl./base/manual) and have had the check engine light on for some time now. I went to the local Auto Zone the other night to have them check it for me and they said that it was a code PO113 which is the intake air temperature/circuit high input. They also said it was a dealer only part. It this something I can do myself? If not, what kind of parts and labor costs am I looking at from the dealer? My inspection is due this month and I have no idea what to do and I'm extremely unfamiliar with things like this! What is involved in replacing this? I have searched online for this thing and have had absolutely no luck whatsoever! I appreciate any words of advice that can be given. Thanks much! Mark in PA

Old 05-09-2010, 08:15 AM

Should be in stock at most any dealer... the part is a dual purpose part : it is an "intake air temp?MAP" sensor...

Open hood, look at intake manifold surge tank there in line with throttle body.. See the black square sensor bolted to the tank about the middle, has a 4 wire connector on it..... about in line with cylinders 2 & 3...

Old 05-09-2010, 07:27 PM

Thanks for the info sbr711! Appreciate it! So, what do I ask for? I do see online at numerous sites where they sell a MAP sensor but make no reference to the IAT on it. Also, you're saying that I can just go to the local Hyundai dealer and purchase this? Thanks!

Old 05-09-2010, 08:16 PM

Originally Posted by justonevictory
Thanks for the info sbr711! Appreciate it! So, what do I ask for? I do see online at numerous sites where they sell a MAP sensor but make no reference to the IAT on it. Also, you're saying that I can just go to the local Hyundai dealer and purchase this? Thanks!
I had to help my Svc Mgr find the part in the catalog when he was filling in for Part Mgr.... It is listed as MAP in the catalog.. the part number should be molded into the part.. it be 5 digit - 5digit number on it if I recall.. Hyundai dealer "should" have it in stock.. we did.

Call the parts dept, ask the to check a number, and give them the number, they'll tell you yes or no, and give you a price when requested.