General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

elantra touring 2011 defective clutch

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2012, 11:31 AM
Default elantra touring 2011 defective clutch

Hi , recently my clutch as to be replace at 37000 km. Hyundai Canada refused to cover the repair saying that the cluch was under warranty for 1 year or 20,000 km. They also said that it was caused by my driving. That car is under warranty for seven year. I don't think that i'm a bad driver. Does anyone can tell how I broke that clutch that fast . They have replaced the clutch , presusre plate and bearing. what's you opinion? Thanks.

Old 12-11-2012, 09:46 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by louis drolet
Hi , recently my clutch as to be replace at 37000 km. Hyundai Canada refused to cover the repair saying that the cluch was under warranty for 1 year or 20,000 km. They also said that it was caused by my driving. That car is under warranty for seven year. I don't think that i'm a bad driver. Does anyone can tell how I broke that clutch that fast . They have replaced the clutch , presusre plate and bearing. what's you opinion? Thanks.
Not everything is warrantied for 7 years. Like I've said before, the clutch is a wear item like the belts, brake pads and linings, filters, wiper blades, bulbs, fuses, etc. The Hyundai warranty is only 1 year/12,000 miles (20,000 km) for wear items. You should have done better research. It's clearly stated in your owners manual and on the Hyundai website:
https://www.hyundaiusa.com/assurance...-warranty.aspx

5-YEAR/60,000-MILE NEW VEHICLE LIMITED WARRANTY
Covers repair or replacement of any component manufactured or originally installed by Hyundai that is defective in material or factory workmanship, under normal use and maintenance.
The following components are covered for time and mileage limits indicated:
• Radio and audio systems (i.e., radio, compact disc player, DVD player, navigation system, and Bluetooth®): 3 years/36,000 miles
• Paint: 3 years/36,000 miles
• Battery: 3 years/unlimited miles (100% covered 2 years/unlimited miles; after 2 years and within 3 years, 25% cost of battery and 100% labor cost covered)
• Air conditioner refrigerant charge: 1 year/unlimited miles
• Adjustments: 1 year/12,000 miles
Wear items: 1 year/12,000 miles (e.g., belts, brake pads and linings, clutch linings, filters, wiper blades, bulbs, fuses)

Old 12-12-2012, 10:15 AM

Originally Posted by NovaResource
Not everything is warrantied for 7 years. Like I've said before, the clutch is a wear item like the belts, brake pads and linings, filters, wiper blades, bulbs, fuses, etc. The Hyundai warranty is only 1 year/12,000 miles (20,000 km) for wear items. You should have done better research. It's clearly stated in your owners manual and on the Hyundai website:
https://www.hyundaiusa.com/assurance...-warranty.aspx
I do know the terms of the Hyundai Warranty . In facts I just want you're opinion on how this clutch can be destroyed that fast . I think that 37,00 km is a very short period of time to have that kind of damage! I'm driving manual clutch cars for several years and never had any trouble whith it. Anyway thank's for your answer. Louis