General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

low beam adjustment - driver side

Old 03-12-2008, 11:22 AM
Default low beam adjustment - driver side

Hello, i`m new on this forum, so hi everyone...

My problem is: low beam ``foot print``
(I have a 2007 Tucson, 5 speed standard, front wheel drive. )

I will try to explain: the driver side low beam radiate like a half wink, its round on the left half of the beam and than flats out in the center and curves in when joining the passenger right side beam. The flats section of the beam in right in my line of vision, so rather then seeing the road i `m looking at a black spot. I`ve gone to the dealer twice for adjustment but no change, still the same.

My question: Is this standard on the Tucson? if not what can i do to fix it??

PS: I also find that my low beams have low intensity, the tech. told me that s standard. Anyone experience the same???

Old 03-13-2008, 07:07 AM
Default RE: low beam adjustment - driver side

Here are instructions for aiming the Tucson headlamps:

AIMING INSTRUCTIONSHEAD LAMP AIMING[/align]

The head lamps should be aimed with the proper beam-setting equipment, and in accordance with the equipment manufacturer's instructions.[/align]

If there are any regulations pertinent to the aiming of head lamps in the area where the vehicle is to be used, adjust so as to meet those requirements.[/align]

1.Inflate the tires to the specified pressure and remove any loads from the vehicle except the driver, spare tire, and tools.[/align]

2.The vehicle should be placed on a flat floor.[/align]

3.Draw vertical lines (Vertical lines passing through respective head lamp centers) and a horizontal line (Horizontal line passing through center of head lamps) on the screen.[/align]

4.With the head lamp and battery in normal condition, aim the head lamps so the brightest portion falls on the vertical lines.[/align]

Make vertical adjustments to the lower beam using the adjusting wheel.[/align]

FRONT FOG LAMP AIMING[/align]

HEAD LAMP AND FOG LAMP AIMING POINT[/align]

1.Turn the low beam on with driver.[/align]The cut-off line should be projected in the allowable range (shaded region).[/align]

2.Turn the front fog lamp on with driver.[/align]

The cut-off line should be projected in the allowable range (shaded region).[/align]