General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

My dash airbag light is not working....

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2006, 06:17 PM
Default My dash airbag light is not working....

I had a local guy repair a side door that got backed into on my 2005 Sonata...... I just noticed that the dash light does not come on anymore for the airbags for that first 6 seconds. I asked him about it he says he didn't touch the air bags.....Maybeso , maybe not, no way for me to know...... I've dealt with plenty of electronics but never a air bag system. Any of you know what triggers the daask ab light? I'm thinking its computer controled and tapped into all those sesnors. Are there any fuses under the hood he might of pulled or under the dash to disable it? If there are, if I re insert them, any problems or steps to take prior to this besides keeping my head low.... Is there just a simple test I can do to test that dash light....might be bulb or whatever they use for light there? To my knowledge they just replace the door on the drivers side with a new one and put the old stuff back in it that was not broken or dented... None of the bags deployed...... Any input most apprecatied on this one.... Thanks in advance.... Swampy