General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Problems with Entourage

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2006, 09:24 PM
Default Problems with Entourage

Hi... We are having problems with our dealership in regards to excessive engine braking with our brand new Entourage van. The van is absolutely beautiful but we feel that the braking is not only annoying but also dangerous. We have had the braking shut the cruise control off 3 times since the purchase and it also brakes heavily when we take our foot off of the gas in the 35 to 45 mile an hour speed range. This problem is intermittant in conditions that are similar and the service manager at our dealer did acknowledge that there was a problem. Joe Hall at Van Dyn Hoven Imports in Appleton Wisconsin also agreed that the other vans on the lot did not perform in a similar fashion. They have tried reprograming the transmission and other futile efforts and the van remains in this state 8 wks later. They are now stating that is nothing wrong with the van at all. We feel very helpless and have lost comple faith in our dealership and in the 30,000.00 van that we are apparently stuck with. I sincerely hope that no other hyundai owners go through treatment such as we have encountered. Our dealership is not in good standing with the Better Business Bureau and we can certainly understand why. We feel that spreading the word is really the only recourse that we have left. Again... it is a beautiful van... but a 10 year warranty is pretty useless if ones dealer refuses to recognise the problem.

Old 01-08-2007, 01:14 AM
Default RE: Problems with Entourage

Did the dealer say anything about a PCM flash, or a re-flash? All it is, is it erases the information in the vehicles computer and then reinstalls it. Sometimes this can make a vehicle slightly worse performance wise, but I've never heard of a case where it would cause bad engine braking. I prefer engine braking when I'm towing with my V8. How does the vehicle accelerate? Is it fairly quick legged? It might not be transmission related at all. Perhaps the brakes are dragging....lemme know how it turns out.