General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Sunroof problems

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2009, 09:18 PM
Unhappy Sunroof problems

My 2004 Hyundai (Sante Fe) is now out of warrenty because it is over 5 yrs old, BUT it has just about 44,000 mi on it. Yesterday the sunroof opened by itself when I started the engine. This happened once before while I was driving and all of a sudden the sunroof opened without pushing any buttons and it would not close. It was raining that day, so I headed straight to the dealer (the car was under warranty). Yesterday it happened after hours (of course) so I just drove home. This morning after I started the car, I figured I might as well try to close the roof and amazingly, it did close. After I finished shopping and started the car, the sunroof opened again.....again, after hours. It won't close again. I don't what is going to happen tomorrow, will it close or not? Would you think this has to be a short in the electrical system? I rarely use the sunroof and doubt that I even used it since the first dealer repair. The only other problem with the vehicle is also electrical. When I push the button to check to see if it is locked, the light on only one side light up and blink. However, for other functions, the lights all work (directional signals, headlights, tail lights etc).