General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Web Access to Hyundai Manuals in U.S.

Old 10-02-2007, 10:55 AM
Super Moderator
Default Web Access to Hyundai Manuals in U.S.

Hyundai makes all the service manuals and schematics for cars sold in the U.S. available online at http://www.hmaservice.com. If you are not in the U.S., you might still be able to get in. They ask for a zip code (postal code) in the registration process; try keying in any 5 digit number (numerals only, no letters). For other directions on how to register and access the information, here is a guide I've put together: http://www.dfwhyundais.com/diy/DIY-WebTechGuide.html

Note that this is just my guide; any images you might see in there are not linked to the actual Hyundai website.

If you have any questions about accessing the site, post them here. If you have questions about your repair, they should go in a different thread.

Enjoy.

Old 12-17-2007, 05:35 PM
Default RE: Web Access to Hyundai Manuals in U.S.

[:@]Sorry to report that [www.hmaservice.com] appears to be gone. When one clicks on this site the Hyundai Service site does not come up. [hmaservice.com] seems to be some kind of search engine from "Network Solutions". [sm=sigh.gif]What happened or am I missing something?

Old 12-20-2007, 02:55 PM
Super Moderator

Not sure what you're seeing. When I go to http://www.hmaservice.com/, it works for me. However, the website has recently been updated and looks different than the one described in my guide. It has basically the same info, but is now easier to navigate. There is a chance that you accessed it when Hyundai took it down during an update or something and that's why you got the page you did.

Old 12-30-2007, 05:12 PM

Im trying to put new cams in and i cant seem to get it timed right can anyone give me pointers to time them right

Old 03-18-2008, 09:08 AM

This is awesome, just like having a shop manual in my computer, thanks!

Old 03-23-2008, 08:03 PM

Great link! Being that I do all my own maintenance, this will come in handy. For those of you running Vista with Firefox, the signup page doesnt work, use IE.

EDIT: Use IE, some of the pages dont load correctly.

Old 04-20-2008, 03:10 PM

FYI: The page doesn't work with Safari either. Mac users are out of luck.

Old 04-21-2008, 11:08 AM
Super Moderator

Hyundai is willing to put the information out there for free for owners, but they are not willing to spend the money to make it compatible with anything other than the browser their dealer's use.

Old 04-27-2008, 10:44 PM

I use the Opera browser, it seems to work fine. In fact Opera is the fastest browser I've used on my system.

Old 04-28-2008, 01:28 PM
Super Moderator

If it works, it works. Opera must be pretty much compliant with IE.

I think it also has to do with how permissions are set for downloading and running things. It's set up for how IE works. I think the problem with other browsers is that they have different default security settings that prevent some of the modules from running. I think some people can get WebTech to run on other browsers by tweeking settings and stuff.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Web Access to Hyundai Manuals in U.S.