General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

XM1 Not Ready

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2009, 02:26 PM
Question XM1 Not Ready

Hi all,

My 2009 Santa Fe has an issue with the XM part of the radio. When I hit the XM button, all I see in the display is "XM1 not ready". I got this car slightly used, so, the introduction period of the XMdeal is over, but, I'm trying to get signed up for XM, but can't get through this issue.

I've seen this issue posted on other forums ( edmunds for instance ) with no resolutions posted. I also have the dealer working on this.

Does this sound like something I need to do a power up reset on the radio to fix? (i.e. pull the fuse out for the radio) I appreciate any help on this...If I get an answer elsewhere, I'll post it shortly.

Smolderin

Old 03-04-2009, 02:50 PM
Red face XM1 Not Ready

Oops...2008 Santa Fe. Just got it last month.

Old 03-05-2009, 10:53 AM
Default "XM1 Not Ready" Issue SOLVED

SOLVED!
The Radio did need to be reset and it's easy to do.

On the Fuse Panel in the dash there is a Black Jumper that is not described in the owners manual or the Fuse Panel cover. (Upper right of the panel) I had thought this was a fuse puller. It's not. You will see the words "ON" and "OFF" on each side of where this is plugged in. This is apparently a way to quickly disconnect power to the radio and clock without pulling out the fuse.

The clip part of the jumper will be on the "ON" side of the socket. Simply remove the jumper. The radio and clock power will now be off. I'm not sure how long you have to keep it removed, but, I would wait 10 seocnds or so. Then put it back in with the clip orientation still on the "ON" side.

Turn the key to accessory, turn the radio on, and hit the XM button. The radio will download any updates and go to the Preview channel. You're all set to go to Channel 0 for your XM Unit ID # to allow you to subscribe.

Thanks to Courtesy Hyundai/RI for the help with this!

Rock On!
Smolderin.

Old 02-20-2011, 10:15 PM
Default XM Not Ready

Thanks, I had the same problem and that fixed it. However, it still goes out occasionally and I have to keep doing that. Minor pain but it grows old since every time you do it you have to reset the clock. Any permanent fix???

Originally Posted by smolderin
SOLVED!
The Radio did need to be reset and it's easy to do.

On the Fuse Panel in the dash there is a Black Jumper that is not described in the owners manual or the Fuse Panel cover. (Upper right of the panel) I had thought this was a fuse puller. It's not. You will see the words "ON" and "OFF" on each side of where this is plugged in. This is apparently a way to quickly disconnect power to the radio and clock without pulling out the fuse.

The clip part of the jumper will be on the "ON" side of the socket. Simply remove the jumper. The radio and clock power will now be off. I'm not sure how long you have to keep it removed, but, I would wait 10 seocnds or so. Then put it back in with the clip orientation still on the "ON" side.

Turn the key to accessory, turn the radio on, and hit the XM button. The radio will download any updates and go to the Preview channel. You're all set to go to Channel 0 for your XM Unit ID # to allow you to subscribe.

Thanks to Courtesy Hyundai/RI for the help with this!

Rock On!
Smolderin.

Old 02-22-2011, 09:26 AM
Default "XM1 Not Ready" error

The issue never resurfaced for me. I have never had to reset the radio since 3/5/2009, so, it looks like what you are seeing is a different issue.

Occasionally, maybe once or twice a year, I do get what looks like updates from XM, where the radio will go back the the Preview channel, but, it always goes back to a normally working status within a minute.

Is it possible that you are seeing some kind of timeout on your radio due to a lack of signal for extended period of time...like being in a garage or something?

I don't really know what triggers the "XM1 Not Ready" error. Your answer may be available from the Sirius XM support people...unfortunately, even they couldn't help me with my "XM1 Not Ready" message.

Smolderin'

Old 09-07-2016, 06:11 PM

My 2008 Vera Cruz just experienced the same problem. In the passenger compartment fuse box there is a "memory fuse" which is designed to eliminate the draw from the onboard electronics if you are going to park the vehicle for a while. I pulled the fuse for 20 seconds and replaced it. This effectively "rebooted" the radio and the problem resolved itself.