Go Back   Hyundai Forum - Hyundai Enthusiast Forums > Vehicle Line Up > Hyundai Accent
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-01-2011, 09:53 PM

Default 2000 Accent Transmission problem

2000 Accent GS auto trans w/87k Shifts fine until it warms up. Then wont shift higher than 3rd and slips.
Took her to the dealer. They said the tranny is shot. Their only option is a new tranny for around $2,200.
I had them change the pulse generator sensors A & B hoping that was the fix.
No such luck. No change at all.
Is there any chance replacing the temperature sensor will help.
I am not spending $1500- $2000 for a rebuild or replacement.
Is it worth a shot? My online research shows this slipping & no 4th gear is a common problem. Is a rebuild always the only cure?
Sponsored Links
Old 03-11-2011, 02:20 PM

Have you figured anything out, yet? My wife's '02 Sonata has developed and issue and I'm trying to see if it needs a rebuild, replacement or just a little part. Scott
Old 03-13-2011, 09:20 AM

No Scott, I've parked her. Next I will take her to the Hyundai dealer for a trans fluid change, new filter & screen. I SHOULD have started there. When I bought the car ( w/46k miles) the trans slipped a couple times and I quickly got the trans serviced. No problems til now @ 87k. I suggest You start there. How many miles on the Sonata?
Old 03-14-2011, 07:14 AM

We have 130,000 miles on it. The engine runs as smooth as silk and we just last month had the timing belt and water pump changed. So, that is frustrating. I posted my weekend observations about it in the Sonata post. It's long so I won't repost it here, but it's an odd problem. I would not say ours slips just won't engage 1st until placed into Sport Mode. Weird. Thanks,Scott
Old 03-23-2011, 09:54 PM

are you geting a check engine light? my 04 sends up a code for shift solenoid but only if the outside air temp is over 80 degrees and you are running for longer than 15 miles. you might alson check ebay or a local junk yard . ebay trannys i believe have a warranty on them.
Old 03-24-2011, 07:00 AM

No, no CEL. I have seen it and I had to make it come up one time, but if I drive it carefully it never comes up.
Old 03-24-2011, 07:00 AM

Tags
0ut, 2000, 3rd, 4th, accent, change, hyundai, issues, problems, screen, shift, shifting, solenoid, transmission, wont