Hyundai Accent Offered in a 2 or 3 door hatchback, or 4 door sedan ,this compact offers room to seat 4 people and excellent economy.

2002 Accent MANUALs.... ? and Rear suspension?

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2010, 05:32 PM
Default 2002 Accent MANUALs.... ? and Rear suspension?

Haynes to my knowledge and perhaps Chiltons still has no manuals for us... Anyone know where or what a 2002 Accent owner can do for at hand info regarding this year of the Hyundai Accent?

Also i let the ice get the best of me last week and smashed the right rear into a curb... looks like the only damage I can see at the moment is that the forward bar of the two that comes from the bottom of the lower strut to the mounting area near center bottom of undercarriage is BENT like it took all the force of the inertia impact...

How does the long 6" bolt that ties these bars to the lower strut come out?

Point me in some direction Xperts. And order of removal!!

THANK YOU in advance..

Old 01-17-2010, 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by doooor
Haynes to my knowledge and perhaps Chiltons still has no manuals for us... Anyone know where or what a 2002 Accent owner can do for at hand info regarding this year of the Hyundai Accent?
http://www.hmaservice.com

Registration is free but requires you to use IE and there are some Adobe helper apps you have to load. Has all technical info for Hyundai models.

Old 01-17-2010, 05:58 PM

How does the long 6" bolt that ties these bars to the lower strut come out?
REMOVAL

1.Remove the front wheel.

2.Remove the stabilizer link assembly.

3.Remove the stabilizer bracket and bushing.

4.Remove the rear roll stopper.

5.Remove the stabilizer bar.

Old 01-17-2010, 11:12 PM
Thumbs up

Ken thank you very much for that info! I am already on hma but since I run opera... Well! Also, Its my right rear! peace man and thx again.

Old 01-17-2010, 11:23 PM

Ken thank you very much for that info! I am already on hma but since I run opera... Well! Also, Its my right rear! peace man and thx again.
Yes, I struggled to make Firefox work for a couple of months, but finally bit the bullet. HMA is the only thing I use IE with. Sorry, I read your post and then drilled straight to the front end schematic. My bad.

Old 01-18-2010, 12:07 AM
Thumbs up

http://www.hmaservice.com/data/Passe...G/elcsd96a.gif

Rear Suspension Arm 'A' is what is damaged... 'B' seems to be undeformed. Basically the repair instructions is just to R&R the bushings. I guess some heat and or breakfree lube is in order for that bolt...

How were you able to get those images into this post, because it doesnt seem to be a typical copy>paste command...

thanks

Old 01-18-2010, 09:18 AM

How were you able to get those images into this post, because it doesnt seem to be a typical copy>paste command.
It is if you are using IE for both the HMA service site and this forum (which also prefers IE although any browser will work if just browsing). Highlight or select the text and images with your mouse, right click and choose 'copy' on the HMA screen. Then open a reply box on the forum and paste away.

Last edited by ken99; 01-24-2010 at 06:14 PM.
Old 01-24-2010, 10:53 AM

Thank you again Ken for the copy paste advice!
Also just a note that I have ordered the "A" arm and should have it by this coming Wed...! This bolt IS a real stingy piece! It just does NOT want to budge! Does anyone know if it needs to be "pressed" out with a so called "special tool"?

TIA

Old 02-20-2010, 07:33 PM
Default Ok I am STILL at a loss here...

I CAN NOT get this bolt out! I have been soaking and soaking it with JB and WD40.. Have put a little heat to it however i do not want to cheery red too much because the steel that is being used for this bolt and the wheel control assy is sub standard and I am sure that any temper that is will be lost and then i would be looking at replacing the this cast assy... Here are a few pics. Impact will NOT budge the bolt in either direction and I have mushroomed the threaded end... What else can I do to get this bolt out?

Attached Thumbnails 2002 Accent  MANUALs.... ?  and Rear suspension?-my_delima_is_this_bolt_seized_like_mofo.jpg   2002 Accent  MANUALs.... ?  and Rear suspension?-photo-0036.jpg  
Old 02-27-2010, 07:25 AM
Default after speaking with some techs

yeah yeah I know this has taken forever and it is still not accomplished, but my day is roughly 18hrs long 8days a week!! However I spoke with a mechanic of these cars last week when I thought I was going to take it in to the dealership and was told that it can be a tricky process with the heat, but it is necessary because of the disimalar metals and the fusion that occurs between them. LITERALLY!!! I knew all this already! Anyway I hope to get this done today.. Wish me the best