Hyundai Accent Offered in a 2 or 3 door hatchback, or 4 door sedan ,this compact offers room to seat 4 people and excellent economy.

2003 Accent Radio Removal

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2010, 07:55 PM
Talking 2003 Accent Radio Removal

How do I remove the radio bezel on a '03 Accent Hatchback?

And does anyone know where Accent owners get Tech Specs? I tried using the HMA site that gets posted alot, but the Accent models have very few Install diagrams, if any.

Please help. Im just a Accent Chic trying to give my ride some much needed audio improvements.

Old 02-27-2010, 08:19 PM

ACCENT(LC) >2003 > G 1.5 SOHC > Body Electrical System > Audio > Audio Unit > Repair procedures

REMOVAL AND INSTALLATION

1.Disconnect the negative battery terminal.

2.Remove the glove box.

3.Disconnect the heater control cables under the glove box and lower crashpad.

4.Loosen the screws and remove the center facia panel.

Remove the audio mounting screws (4EA) and the audio system.

6.Installation is the reverse of removal.

Old 03-01-2010, 01:51 PM
Default Thanks for the Help

Thank you for the help. The pictures really help and Im thinking that looks very do able. Thanks Again.

Old 03-01-2010, 08:24 PM
Thumbs up hwy jammin...

pay attention to the two or three cables and their postions before removal! When you get your upper body postioned on the drivers side floor board, you will see the cables at their attachment points and you should be able to reach the controls on the panel.... Work those controls and familiarize yourself with how the control ***** move the cables on their attachment points. Now yo have just developed that visual and muscle "memory" so that re attaching the cables wil be much easier and possibly a breeze, instead of the not knowing.... I just did this last fall! My system sounds nice now...

Old 03-02-2010, 10:41 AM
Cool cable positioning

Thank you for your advisement. This is the 1 aspect of the install that I am leary about. So the suggestion is extremely appreciated. Would using a paint pen to place markings on the cables be beneficial in the removal and install?

Briefly looking at the cables, removal doesn't appear to be the problem. I just worry about getting them back on in the correct position, as you had mentioned, so that everything works correctly again.

Why did Hyundai have to make it so difficult. I have never had this cable issue on any other car that ive owned. Even installing decks on my friend's cars haven't been this much of a hassle.

Old 03-02-2010, 11:19 AM
Super Moderator

The Accent is an economy car and cable operated systems are cheaper to use than electronic.

Old 03-03-2010, 03:07 PM
Smile Perfection

I used a florescent paintpen to mark both the cables and the exact position of the corresponding plastic parts before I removed anything. My hatchback model had 2 cables on the Left side and 1 on the Right. The Removal process wasn't too bad and the re-install was cake.

You don't really need to remove the panels on the underside of the steering column though. I figured that out on the 2nd time through ( as a result of a wiring issue on my part).

My car now sounds AMAZING. So BIG THANKS to those of you that posted responses. I don't know that I would have attempted it otherwise.

Old 03-04-2010, 04:04 AM
Kim

I still have no confident to remove the front facia. It is so tight and just wonder it will break the facia.

Old 03-05-2010, 10:12 PM
Smile the front facia

If you don't remove the cables and the two screws hidden within the cup holders, and try to remove it....yeah...it'll definitely break in pieces.

Once the cables have been freed and the 2 screws are out, it just needs a little tug and will slide right out. Its quite sturdy really. You follow the suggestions and take your time, it'll be fine. I had zero problems. And Id really suggest marking the cables. If you don't, you can really jack up the position of the heating/ac controls.

Hope that helps.

Old 03-19-2010, 05:38 PM

Hey brand new to the forum and to Hyundais. Just got a 2010 Accent, and went for the only one I could afford. As such, I'm trying to get into it to install my own radio and also can't figure out how to get in there.

Any brilliant wonderful people out there that can help me out? (I assume it's different as the radio blanks are in a separate piece of fascia from the heater control in the 2010?)

Last edited by Slim; 03-19-2010 at 05:47 PM.

Quick Reply: 2003 Accent Radio Removal