Hyundai Accent Offered in a 2 or 3 door hatchback, or 4 door sedan ,this compact offers room to seat 4 people and excellent economy.

Head lights out lamp help ?

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2007, 02:15 PM
Default Head lights out lamp help ?

Hello,

my mother owns a 2001 accent.

after browsing the forum i had decided to join because i could not find exactly what the problem might me. so i will ask the forum

the headlights are out on the accent. when i turn them one the ornage parking lights come on but no head lights.

i have checked the fuse box by the drivers sides and im sure none of the fuse are blown, checked them that might have something to do with the headlights..? are there cetain ones, (not label headlights) that i should check, i have read where sometimes it might not be the fuse you think that could be casuing the problem.

i have also checked the fuse box under the hood. where the r and l head lights both have good 10amp fuses.

my mother had just replaced the headlight so i assume that they are not burnt out.

anyone here on this helpful forum can give me adive on why the headlights are out....??

anyhelp would be greatly apperciated !!!

thanks again. - justin

Old 12-02-2007, 05:41 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Head lights out lamp help ?

Check this thread; it might help:

https://www.hyundaiforum.com/m_9484/tm.htm

Old 12-02-2007, 08:50 PM

it may also be that some thing is wrong with the switch itself

Old 12-02-2007, 09:54 PM

hello

@ doohickie - that is one of the post that i had read before i posted my question. i checkd what the had perscribed. and nothing that helps me.

one thing, how do i know if one of the fusabe links are blown ? i should be able to see the link thru the clear plastic tops right. i dosen't appear to be blown. (LAMP 30A)

@ seiken. hwo do i know if the switch is bad, the parking lights come on when i turn it. but no headlights when i turn it all the way, and no brights.

i feel so bad for my mother, im sure you alll understand. should i just tell here to take it to the hyundai sotre and let them look at it, they will charge her alot for a simple problem ( i dont want that to happen)

some more info and i can check the switch if not, thanks for all the replioes anyways !
if anyone else has had this trouble it would be great if you can share you experience.

thanks again - justin

Old 01-02-2008, 09:38 AM

I'm having the same problem

Old 01-02-2008, 05:25 PM

Well don't , assume anything. I had just replaced my headlights with Sylvania Silver Stars which cost about twice as much as regular ones. After tearing the headlight switch apart and not finding anything, I checked for power at the headlights. Guess what, both were burnt out....

Old 01-02-2008, 08:09 PM

to do further diagnostics you will need a test light, assuming you have one already, try to find the relay for headlights which is normally in the engine compartment fuse box. first have someone turn on the lights on, listen if the relay clicks, if does that means the relay is working, what you can also do is remove the relay, use the test light with the key on check the terminals that the relay plugs into, it should have four terminals, when the test light is connected to the ground terminal of the batt. two of the terminals will light up showing voltage. now connect the test light to the negative side of the batt. terminal, check the terminals of the relay, one of them should light up telling you that the switch is working. if it doesn't then you have a bad light/multifunction switch. OR WHAT YOU CAN DO BEFORE YOU DO ALL THAT COMPLICATED **** JUST USE THE TEST LIGHT AND CHECK FOR VOLTAGE AT THE HEAD LIGHT MAKE LIFE SIMPLE.

Old 01-03-2008, 07:23 AM

Both of my headlights were burnt. I replaced them and everything was fine. On my way to work this morning I saw both of them burn out. I must have something causing a voltage spike, but it doesn't burn any of the other bulbs, just the headlights.
????????

Old 01-03-2008, 08:18 AM

well yeah it sounds as if you have some sort of voltage spike causing the bulbs to blow that often, what you can do is check your battery voltage make sure that it's good. the alternator is delivers voltage to all electrical devises and if sees that the battery voltage is lower than normal it might be working extra hard which is where you might be getting the voltage spike. since i'm not around the car it's only what i can advise.

Old 01-08-2008, 02:51 PM

THIS THING IS GOING TO DRIVE ME CRAZY!!!!
I pulled it in the garage on Friday after work. Checked the voltage, OK. On the way home the Check Engine Light came on, so I unhooked the battery for a second to reset. (yea I know thats probably not the right way). I noticed the terminals were a little dirty, so I figured I'd clean them. I also have another Hyundai (same year same model) that I hit a deer with, so now its my parts car. The battery in it was newer so I figured I might as well switch them while I was at it. It also had the brighter bulbs in it so I used those as well.
After I got everything switched, started it up and switched from brights to dims several times while revving the engine to different RPM's. NO PROBLEMS.... So I figured that was simple enough. Drove it all weekend and to work Monday, NO PROBLEMS... I start out the road to work today, hit the High Beams, POOOOFFFF. Drove the rest of the way on the low beams with no problems, just hope I can get home tonight.

Jim

Quick Reply: Head lights out lamp help ?