Hyundai Accent Offered in a 2 or 3 door hatchback, or 4 door sedan ,this compact offers room to seat 4 people and excellent economy.

2007 Accent

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2011, 05:32 PM
Question 2007 Accent

Hello...my 07' Hyundia Accent, 4 dr, 90600 miles, is scheduled to go in to the dealer tomorrow for, I believe, the ignition coil (one or more of them) for the 4th time, for the same problem. The check engine light blinks then stays on, runs rough, and has very little exceleration. Same feeling as before. Please, any suggestions? They have replaced coils before and said they checked for issues that could be causing this problem. All negative. Not under warranty this time and the last time. Help?

Old 12-11-2011, 09:58 PM
Talking Hi Member

If I was you...I'd find the mechanic who works on your car at the dealer and I'd tell him to leave my car alone. Go to an Auto Zone and ask one of the older guys at the counter who he knows that comes in their store that seems to work on Hyundai's the most..then get his number and let him work on your vehicle. Make sure that mechanic is ASE certified.

WheelBroker1

Attached Thumbnails 2007 Accent-159.jpg  
Old 12-12-2011, 07:27 AM

Thanks WheelBroker1

I really wish I could tell them so but that was in NC at 2 different Hyundia dealers and now I reside in MI....I am going to take it to the corner at the Advance Auto store to have them diagnose though. I am also going to call Hyundia Warranty to plead my case for the second time in hopes of them getting to relieve a pre-existing issue and/or a big batch of faulty coils. Fix for free? Hope so but doubt it.
Just foils me that there must be a logical reason that these coils are going bad. I will chat with the elders at Advance though...I'm a hard one to knock down.

Thanks again!