Hyundai Accent Offered in a 2 or 3 door hatchback, or 4 door sedan ,this compact offers room to seat 4 people and excellent economy.

Accent 2000 Runs Rough after washing, also has buzzing sound from Transmission

Old 09-18-2010, 05:20 AM
Default Accent 2000 Runs Rough after washing, also has buzzing sound from Transmission

Hi,

I have a Hyundai Accent 2000 and after a very thorough wash today it has started running rough, at low RPM's is sounds like it could be miss firing. It's on the boarder line of driveable, well I'd drive it by my GF probably won't. Its worse when idling in drive or reverse, seems not quite as bad in park or neutral but is still evident when you rev the car in any gear.

I didn't really wash the engine but did give the area around the battery and air box a heavy spray with water, a good amount could have found its way down to the transmission.

When the key is turned in the ingition position (reds on) but withouit the engine running and the car is in either drive or reverse I am hearing a loud buzzing sound from the round electrical part that connects to the part on the end of the automatic transmission gear selector cable on the egine bay side under the air box. Is this normal? See pic below, I will post a better actual pic of the part tomorrow when it gets light.

If anyone could offer some assistance I would be great appreciative, I only got this car going today after 8 weeks off the road, thought I would give it a wash and bamm its back off the road again.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Last edited by mtechit; 09-18-2010 at 05:24 AM.