Hyundai Accent Offered in a 2 or 3 door hatchback, or 4 door sedan ,this compact offers room to seat 4 people and excellent economy.

Accent - Manual Transmission

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2005, 09:53 AM
dde
Default Accent - Manual Transmission

First of all, sorry for my bad english ) . I´ve recently bought new Accent with manual transmission. Everything works fine, but I have a problem when I am on 2nd gear and I want to gear up to 3rd gear. If I do it relatively fast and by higher RPM (e.g.2500-3000) I can hear a strange noise and I don´t know what it is. When I do the same thing slower and with 2000RPM, then there is no such noise. Strange thing is, that it happens only from 2nd to 3rd gear and in no other case. It seems like something is wrong with synchronization in transmission device. Does anyone have a similar experience? Is it dangerous for an engine part? Do I need to replace transmission device? Thanks for an answer.

Old 07-21-2005, 09:01 PM
Default RE: Accent - Manual Transmission

Hi there, I just bought an accent as well. I noticed mine does that shifting from 1st to 2nd. I used to drive a Mazda Miata (mx-5) so I'm used to very quick shifting, but if I shift too quickly the synchro doesn't mesh smoothly and it kind of clunks. I wonder if someone can tell me if this is fairly normal in Hyundai transmissions and nothing to worry about, or a sign of a bad/failing synchro that could wreak havoc in the transmission if it fails.
Thanks!

Old 10-20-2005, 02:40 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Accent - Manual Transmission

When I first started building my accent the stock tranny did that. If you shift hard it will shudder or give a feeling of hanging up. Don't worry its not a bad sign its normal, that tranny is fickle you can't just let it pop after your in gear the best way to keep it smooth is to let out the clutch where it would normally grab to start out of first and slowly let it out the rest of the way. It may sound like wierd idea but trust me it works.