Hyundai Accent Offered in a 2 or 3 door hatchback, or 4 door sedan ,this compact offers room to seat 4 people and excellent economy.

Can't get to back breaklight or liscence plate bulb do i need to take my car into the dealership to

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2008, 03:06 PM
Default Can't get to back breaklight or liscence plate bulb do i need to take my car into the dealership to

Can't get to back breaklight or liscence plate bulb do i need to take my car into the dealership to get these bulbs replaced?

I just got a fix it ticket in california because one of my break lights was out. When I took my Hyundia Accent to pep boys they couldn't easily replace the light.

Do I need to take my Hyundia Accent 07 into the dealership to have them replace the back breaklight? I also need one of the liscence plate bulbs replaced as well.

Have any of you guys ever fought a fix it ticket? I plan on fighting this in court.

Old 04-29-2008, 07:51 PM
Default RE: Can't get to back breaklight or liscence plate bulb do i need to take my car into the dealership

Can't get to back breaklight or liscence plate bulb do i need to take my car into the dealership to get these bulbs replaced?
No, you can replace both bulbs yourself if you have a wrench and a small screw driver. From http://www.hmaservice.com/. Looks like simple procedures for both bulbs.

Tail Light Fixture:

REPLACEMENT

1.Disconnect the negative (-) battery terminal.[/align]

2.Loose the nuts holding the rear combination lamp then disconnect the 6P connector then remove the rear combination lamp.[/align]

3.Installation is the reverse of removal.[/align]

License Light Fixture:

REPLACEMENT

1.Disconnect the negative (-) battery terminal.[/align]

2.Detach the license lamp lens (A) from the trunk lid panel with a flat-tip screwdriver.[/align]

3.Replace the bulb.[/align]

4.Installation is the reverse of removal.[/align]

Have any of you guys ever fought a fix it ticket?
No, in my state they write warning tickets for items like this.

Old 05-01-2008, 06:10 PM
Default RE: Can't get to back breaklight or liscence plate bulb do i need to take my car into the dealership

yes i am trying to fight the fix it ticket.... anyone?