Hyundai Accent Offered in a 2 or 3 door hatchback, or 4 door sedan ,this compact offers room to seat 4 people and excellent economy.

Daytime Running Lights (DRL) not working =(

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2008, 07:30 AM
Default Daytime Running Lights (DRL) not working =(

Hey Everyone

So I just had a question before I spend pay Hyundai $55 to look at my car :P

Basically, I've noticed my DRL are no longer working. I don't know for sure, but I believe the DRLs are usually either the low or high beams on low power. Both of those bulbs are working. I briefly looked at the fuse manual and didn't see DRL anywhere in particular (though I did look a bit too quickly, I think). In any case, does anyone have any idea what this could be, given that all the other (front) lamps are working?

One more question, while I'm here. A month ago my driver's side taillight went out. I replaced it with another and everything seemed fine, but two weeks later the same lamp is out. I have to check if it's burnt out or not, but does that seem strange to anyone?

P.S. I drive a 2003 Accent (Base, 1.5 SOHC), well maintained since I purchased it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Old 04-25-2008, 07:41 AM
Default RE: Daytime Running Lights (DRL) not working =(

<Edited because Hyundai lady did not know anything>

Problem not solved :P See next post.

</edit>

Ahhhh so guess what. Hyundai just called me (the car was in for regular maintenance) - the headlights are a three-lamp assembly and the DRLs are burnt out. Seems odd they both went, and even more odd the tail light has gone out twice... but maybe just some sort of spike or something?

In any case, somewhat relieved I can replace those this afternoon! If anyone has any comments about the tail light situation, I'd be happy to hear them!

Thanks!

Old 04-28-2008, 07:28 AM
Default RE: Daytime Running Lights (DRL) not working =(

It turns out the headlights _are_ a three-lamp ***'y, but the third lamp is a "city light" which is just the tiny light activated on the first notch. The DRLs, in fact, still do not work. Considering the high and low beams are 100% functional, am I looking at a (most likely) broken DRL... module? I checked whatever fuses I could find in the manual and they are all good.

Does anyone know what does the DRL module looks like and where I could find it? Maybe cables are loose from when I had some body work done (I know it seems unlikely, but considering the things I have found loose, it wouldn't suprise me). In any case, if it's not too inaccessible, maybe I'll try to replace it myself...