Hyundai Accent Offered in a 2 or 3 door hatchback, or 4 door sedan ,this compact offers room to seat 4 people and excellent economy.

Enginethings please help

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2016, 02:52 AM
Jof
Default Enginethings please help

I'm having trouble finding the name of a part. It's located near the wipermotor. Check engine light is on (P0422). I also want to know if I my ignition wires Are connected in the correct order.

Old 05-19-2016, 09:52 PM

If you google for P0422 it comes up as "Code P0422 indicates that the Bank 1 Main Catalytic Converter's emissions efficiency has fallen below the minimum allowable limit. This threshold is tracked by a Catalyst Monitoring Oxygen Sensor located on or near the outlet of the Catalytic Converter."

The other thing i have no clue what you talking about you got a picture or more precise description?

what model/year of the car?

Old 05-20-2016, 11:03 AM
Jof

Originally Posted by Karpov
If you google for P0422 it comes up as "Code P0422 indicates that the Bank 1 Main Catalytic Converter's emissions efficiency has fallen below the minimum allowable limit. This threshold is tracked by a Catalyst Monitoring Oxygen Sensor located on or near the outlet of the Catalytic Converter."

The other thing i have no clue what you talking about you got a picture or more precise description?

what model/year of the car?
Yes, i know what the error code and that it could be the o2 sensor causing it. But could it be something else?

It's an accent 99 lc. I'll take a picture of the part i'm asking about asap ^^

Old 05-21-2016, 02:00 AM

Originally Posted by Jof
Yes, i know what the error code and that it could be the o2 sensor causing it. But could it be something else?
Could be that O2 sensor is okay and catalytic converter is bad for real, does it pass state smog test? Could be also fuel injection issue or bad combustion causing this.

If i were you i'd test 02 Sensor resistance with digital multimeter to see if its okay or just get a new one however might worth testing they are pain in the *** to unscrew.

Old 05-21-2016, 11:33 AM
Jof

It passed all tests last summer.
Had an issue with sputter a month ago, turned out to be a bad ignitioncable. I'm not sure I put them back in the right order...

The picture is of that part. Know what it's for?

Attached Thumbnails Enginethings please help-img_20160521_175844.jpg  
Old 05-24-2016, 06:43 AM

I think its evaporation system solenoid used in returning vapors from gas tank to be burned inside engine, if you take it off which is easy then you can read the part number and put # trough google it will show you what part it is exactly.

It might give you check engine code if not working however its very optional and would not affect the engine operation.

This is how ignition wires were on my car, but reference the manual to be sure google for "manual-de-despiece-hyundai-accent-98-1.5-SOHC pdf".

Attached Thumbnails Enginethings please help-1.jpg  

Last edited by Karpov; 05-24-2016 at 06:45 AM.
Old 05-25-2016, 03:24 PM
Jof

Originally Posted by Karpov
I think its evaporation system solenoid used in returning vapors from gas tank to be burned inside engine, if you take it off which is easy then you can read the part number and put # trough google it will show you what part it is exactly.

It might give you check engine code if not working however its very optional and would not affect the engine operation.

This is how ignition wires were on my car, but reference the manual to be sure google for "manual-de-despiece-hyundai-accent-98-1.5-SOHC pdf".
Thank you! I'll try to fix things and let you know how it goes.

Old 07-10-2016, 04:49 AM
Jof

Update. Replaced sparkplugwires. Error code gone. Car is running smooth. Made sure the evaporationthingy was plugged in correctly.