Hyundai Accent Offered in a 2 or 3 door hatchback, or 4 door sedan ,this compact offers room to seat 4 people and excellent economy.

Seeking help to high tune my car..

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2007, 12:18 AM
Default Seeking help to high tune my car..

Hello everyone...
My name is Desirea..I have a 2004 Hyundai Accent (Automatic)(4 door)...I recently became a member of a track crew that goes to the track on a regular basis...I do have plans and I want to improve my Accent..Right now it is horrible on accelaration and doesn't have much power at all..Everything is still stock and nothing has been done to it yet...Here are my ideas for improvements in the order I plan on getting them done..tell me if I should change the order, any other things I can do, how much of an improvement will I see on each of these things I plan on doing?...Most importantly I just would like to know if this is a good line up or if I should change it and get something else earlier then planned...I don't want to harm my car's engine..so please let me know..I am a great listener and will take all advice to heart..thank you for your time...

1. Install high performance spark plugs
2. Install performance new cold air intake system
3. Install a race performance muffler
4. Put on new tires with better grip
5. lower the car to lessen resistance
6.Install better ECU (I'm not even sure what this is..I haven't done all my reading yet..but I have read this helps)
7. Put in a turbo kit
7.5 With turbo kit also put in turbo head gasket, racing blow off valves, Oil filter cooler, Silicone radiator hose kit, and better ground wire kit
8. Put in stabilizer bars
9. possibly lighten load by getting carbon fiber hood
10. start working on the exterior style (paint, airbrush work, window tint, etc..)

90% of the improvement parts are coming from "SharkRacing.com"...I was going to go with the K&N intake system..but I might go with the one from SharkRacing.com...any opinions on which one would be better and give me better results? thanks..

Old 05-30-2007, 09:29 PM
Default RE: Seeking help to high tune my car..

Sounds like a good line up but I would do the tires first...I have a 2001 Accent and I am doing the body up before the engine except i have an intake in there. I think the tires will help you get the most out of all your mods, so I would think that they would be better done before the intake and exhaust.

Old 05-30-2007, 09:57 PM
Super Moderator

I agree. Take care of handling first- tires sway bar, struts, etc. No reason to put more power into the car until your car can handle it. Then go with less radical stuff like exhausts and intakes.

One way I've heard that people get more power out of their Accents is to drop in a Beta II engine from an Elantra- 130+ hp stock, and then you can turbo it. I just heard someone talking about this today on another forum; if you speak French I think there is an Accent forum in Quebec with a lot of heavily modded Accents.

Old 05-31-2007, 03:03 AM

good ideal, i got a short ram on my 04 accents, works and sounds just great, sucks alot of air!
im also thinking of upgrading my ECU and possibly geting bigger manifold and gasket intake, then ill be sucking some crazy air!
cheack my pics out!!! i wanna here what yall be thinking!

Old 05-31-2007, 03:53 AM

Okay, thanks for the input everyone...I'll concentrate on handling first...So my first step is I would like to get wider rims with new tight grip tires...anyone have any suggestions on what would be good so that my car can improve on handling and gripping? What have you guys put on your accents? After that I'll take care of the struts..Then I'll start with the intake system..for now..new rims and tire set first...I also will put in the performance spark plugs to start off the performance improvements..I'm sure my car can handle that small change..heh..

After the new tire and rims I'll put in the intake system and then work on struts..basiclly I'm gonna try to have a pattern of improve handling then performance, then handling again..and so on..this way the handling should remain caught up with the increased power..If I'm right..by the time I'm ready for the turbo kit I'll also be needing performance breaks..Well thanks again everyone...Expect to hear more of me as I move along...And anyone else who comes to read this..any further advice is always helpful..I'm still open to any ideas of improvements on handling and/or performance...and can someone tell me....What exactly is an ECU?? and how does this help with my performance...(this is a newbie question I know...but I want to learn as much as I can..This way I hopefully won't run into ameture costly mistakes in the future...or at least not as many..lol..thanks)

Old 05-31-2007, 11:03 AM

K&N intake system is the best, however i got my no name off ebay, about 20$ with all the fittings and seals/tube, i put a new K&N brand uni filter on it, for its the best! and put a K&N sticker on the tube lol! people dont know the differnts

Old 06-02-2007, 02:46 PM

i got mine off e-bay, shearch ebay seller- mqtautoparts
the ram air cost about 15$ and comes with filter, i would suggest not use the filter it comes with
go and buy a k&n filter about 80$ there good for 1000 0000 miles lol! life time
and yes i noticed a BIG differnt in performace, it sounds very good too, u can really here the intake breath when u punch it
u wouldnt be disapointed
as for the tires, i dunno just some no name razza brand, im not a racer, i baby my car, just going for looks
i paid about 100$ (CND) each tire
if u plan on bringing your to the track, i suggest invest in some really good tires
another site u would be interested in is http://www.pscmotorsport.com/
they got lots of accent stuff!!!!