Go Back   Hyundai Forum - Hyundai Enthusiast Forums > Vehicle Line Up > Hyundai Accent
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-04-2012, 05:57 PM

Default Stereo speakers not working

I have a 2006 Accent and suddenly no sound from the radio. Radio turns on, display shows, you can even change the station or start CD player. Just hear a snap in the speakers initially after turning on radio but no sound after that. checked all fuses, i think. At least all I could find. One time they did come back and start playing for about fifteen minutes and then went out again, that makes me think it's not a fuse at all. Any ideas? Is there a separate power unit for the speakers maybe?. Thuought it was the stereo unit itself so bought a new unit to replace the stock unit and same thing, no sound except for that initial snap.
Sponsored Links
Old 03-12-2012, 01:29 AM

Default Hyundai Accent 2006 No Speakers

Having the same trouble, started last week, was going to replace radio, not now after you having no success with that - If I find problem will let you know, but first can you tell me how to get the radio facia off or the proceedure you used to take the facia and radio out.

Sewer10
bfwilliams@treko.net.au
12-03-2012
Old 03-12-2012, 11:49 AM

check connections on the speakers, maybe they are loose. Connection may have come loose behind the radio.
Old 03-13-2012, 01:15 AM

Default Spekers Not Working 2006 Accent

Have found the fault on my Accent - easy really
Go to the boot look at the rear speakers you may find a bakelite connection that has been broken accidently when taking luggage out of the vehicle, my bakelite connection was broken at the speeker allowing thec Earth wire to Short to the frame of the speaker
Remedy Cut a small 1/4" hose split down from end to end and placed it over the cable to insulate it, - The radio works like new.
This could be whats wrong with yours.

However I would still like to know how to get the radio facia and radio out for reference Please help
Old 03-13-2012, 01:15 AM

Tags
2006, 2012, accent, audio, car, gl, hyundai, intermittent, problems, radio, sound, speakers, stopped, turns, working