Hyundai Accent Offered in a 2 or 3 door hatchback, or 4 door sedan ,this compact offers room to seat 4 people and excellent economy.

Stereo speakers not working

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2012, 05:57 PM
Default Stereo speakers not working

I have a 2006 Accent and suddenly no sound from the radio. Radio turns on, display shows, you can even change the station or start CD player. Just hear a snap in the speakers initially after turning on radio but no sound after that. checked all fuses, i think. At least all I could find. One time they did come back and start playing for about fifteen minutes and then went out again, that makes me think it's not a fuse at all. Any ideas? Is there a separate power unit for the speakers maybe?. Thuought it was the stereo unit itself so bought a new unit to replace the stock unit and same thing, no sound except for that initial snap.

Old 03-12-2012, 01:29 AM
Default Hyundai Accent 2006 No Speakers

Having the same trouble, started last week, was going to replace radio, not now after you having no success with that - If I find problem will let you know, but first can you tell me how to get the radio facia off or the proceedure you used to take the facia and radio out.

Sewer10
bfwilliams@treko.net.au
12-03-2012

Old 03-12-2012, 11:49 AM

check connections on the speakers, maybe they are loose. Connection may have come loose behind the radio.

Old 03-13-2012, 01:15 AM
Default Spekers Not Working 2006 Accent

Have found the fault on my Accent - easy really
Go to the boot look at the rear speakers you may find a bakelite connection that has been broken accidently when taking luggage out of the vehicle, my bakelite connection was broken at the speeker allowing thec Earth wire to Short to the frame of the speaker
Remedy Cut a small 1/4" hose split down from end to end and placed it over the cable to insulate it, - The radio works like new.
This could be whats wrong with yours.

However I would still like to know how to get the radio facia and radio out for reference Please help

Old 07-16-2020, 12:13 AM

I have the similar issue on my 9 years old Hyundai Accent 2011. I took the car to a repair shop and then found the radio was damaged. I then got the XTRONS PST90RNH head unit to replace the original factory radio. Now everything works wel now. Like the DSP feature so much of the new unit.

Old 08-02-2020, 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by Mercadies
I have the similar issue on my 9 years old Hyundai Accent 2011. I took the car to a repair shop and then found the radio was damaged. I then got the XTRONS PST90RNH head unit to replace the original factory radio. Now everything works wel now. Like the DSP feature so much of the new unit.
I have a radio from xtrons too, not bad radio at that price, all features we need are included. XTRONS brand is very well-known on eBay or Amazon and XDA forum

Old 08-03-2020, 07:27 AM

A small word of caution.
Since 2008 , just about all new vehicles have what are considered networks. Some use CAN (Controller Ara Network). The network consists of several modules to make up the network . Some vehicles use the radio as a module in the network
Good idea to check with Hyundai to confirm the radio in your vehicle is not one of the modules.
When a(node) module is absent , communication problems develop.within the network. Some networks will work temporarily until the module is needed to provide info for the network then the problems start. Some problems can be a no start condition or improper info being fed into the network. Not sure if all Hyundai vehicles are involved after 2008.

Old 08-03-2020, 01:34 PM

The wiring should also show there are extra wires in the radio connector(s) which are used for CAN network communications
If they aren't there then no worries.