Hyundai Accent Offered in a 2 or 3 door hatchback, or 4 door sedan ,this compact offers room to seat 4 people and excellent economy.

transmission issues: 2007 accent

Old 04-16-2008, 09:29 AM
Default transmission issues: 2007 accent

hi everyone: i just bought a used automatic 2007 accent with approx 6,000 miles on it. it's in good working order except that i can really feel the shifting between the gears pretty much every time the car shifts. has anyone else experienced this? it's still under warrenty, of course- should i take it in for a checkup on this? also, does anyone know where i have to go while the car is under warrenty- to hyundai dealers only, i'm assuming? THANKS.

Old 04-16-2008, 11:04 PM
Default RE: transmission issues: 2007 accent

it's still under warrenty, of course- should i take it in for a checkup on this? also, does anyone know where i have to go while the car is under warrenty- to hyundai dealers only, i'm assuming?
The remainder of the 5 year/60K bumper-to-bumper warranty still applies to you as the second owner. The original 10 year/100K warranty does not. Yes, the warranty is suppose to be honored by all Hyundai dealerships, but if you read various threads on this forum you will realize that some dealerships are better than others for warranty repairs.

t's in good working order except that i can really feel the shifting between the gears pretty much every time the car shifts. has anyone else experienced this?
I've never driven an Accent, so I don't know if what you describe is unusual or not. I suggest you take it to a Hyundai and describe the problem. You might suggest that the transmission's control computer be reset to "learning mode". The computer monitors your "driving style" and tries to anticipate shifting in accordance with that style. The previous owner may have been on the aggressive side, and now the shifting patterns feel abrupt with the way you drive. Unless you purchased the car from a Hyundai dealer, you will likely have to pay for this service. If the dealer determines that something is mechanically wrong with the transmission, that should be covered under the warranty.

Old 04-17-2008, 12:55 PM
Default RE: transmission issues: 2007 accent

I'm not sure I understand what you're saying. You're SUPPOSED to be able to feel the shifts. It's not a Cadillac!! It's a small 4CYL economy car, so the transmission is probably going to be more noticable than on a larger car with a V6. I can feel the shifts on my car. They're not harsh, but they're also not so smooth that I never feel them. I'd say with 6,000 miles on it, it's normal. If you think the shifts are really harsh (like neck snapping harsh), then take it to the dealer.

ORIGINAL: lechatbine

hi everyone: i just bought a used automatic 2007 accent with approx 6,000 miles on it. it's in good working order except that i can really feel the shifting between the gears pretty much every time the car shifts. has anyone else experienced this?