There is an INPUT & OUTPUT pulse generator on the trans.. they is bought as a set, the connector has wiring and both sensors on it.
Be aware of long wire and short wire so you do not install sensors in wrong holes...
TSB for sensor code, need to inspect resistance on the sensor, if ok, install TCM update... If out of spec, replace generator set & install TCM update.
Some 2000-2002 ACCENT vehicles may experience the following conditions:
If the vehicle experiences the above symptoms:
- <LI class=ITEM>Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) P0722: No pulse generator-B signal
<LI class=ITEM>Third-gear "Fail-Safe" condition
- "Check Engine" light on
- <LI class=ITEM>Inspect the pulse generator-B and replace if necessary.
- Reprogram the TCM using the Hi-Scan Pro
- <LI class=ITEM>Model: 2000-2002 Accent vehicles with automatic transmissions
<LI class=ITEM>Affected vehicle production date range: Produced through March 8, 2002
- Affected vehicle identification number (VIN) range:
- Using an ohmmeter, check the resistance between terminal No. 3 and No. 4 in the disconnected pulse generator male connector (black color).Resistance value:215-275W (at 20ðC or 68ðF)
If the resistance is lower or higher than the specification, replace the pulse generator (P/N 45955-22700).If the resistance is within specification, go to Step 5.
- Clean both ends of the disconnected pulse generator connectors with aerosol electrical contact cleaner.
- Apply contact grease (P/N 00305-F0000-39, NYOGEL 760G), into all four terminal openings of the blue female connector until each terminal opening is completely filled with grease.
- Reconnect the pulse generator connectors and reattach the connector to the bracket. Reinstall all removed components in the reverse order of removal.
Program --> 18. LC AT VSS NOISE IMPROVEMENT"
There is no DTC for exhaust leak,,, if the front pipe is broken, you will likely get a P-0133 slow response code for B1S1, there you will replace the front pipe so the front sensor will work correctly.. I like to install Ox program (#52 for the -0130 inactivity) to bring PCM up to date.
When diagnosing Code P0133 (Front Oxygen Sensor - Slow Response) on a 2000 -
2002 model year Accent, verify the integrity of the front exhaust pipe between the front
and rear oxygen sensors. A leak in the pipe can affect the ECM diagnostic logic for the front oxygen sensor.
Some 2000-2004 Accents with 1.5L SOHC and 1.6L DOHC engines may experience
the following symptoms:
• DTC P0130 (Oxygen Sensor Malfunction)
• DTC P0503 (Speed Sensor Malfunction)
• Reverse to Drive lurch while rolling backwards (On Automatic Transaxle equipped
This bulletin describes the procedure for updating the Engine Control Module (ECM)
software to improve the above condition by using the Hi-Scan Pro.
VEHICLES AFFECTED:• Model: 2000-2004 ACCENT vehicles with 1.5L SOHC and 1.6L DOHC engines.