Hyundai Azera A Hyundai like you've never seen before.

What's the difference between; GLS-SE-Limited

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2009, 03:17 PM
Default What's the difference between; GLS-SE-Limited

Can anyone tell me what is the difference between the GLS-SE- Limited. I believe they don't make the SE any longer??

Old 01-16-2009, 03:44 PM
Default RE: What's the difference between; GLS-SE-Limited

Si senor.

The SE is no longer made. The 2007s were the last ones I believe.

The GLS is the least expensive model.It hasa 3.3L engine,the same as
the Sonata, and the originalGLS came with five spoke 16 inch wheels.

This was an ill-advised effort on Hyundais part to sell a less expensive model that
is supposed to get a little better fuel economy, but it does not do soreally. [sm=badidea.gif]

Why? Because the smaller engine must work harder to
move the heavier Azeracompared to the Sonata.

Clear as mud? [sm=exactly.gif]

[sm=bangbang.gif]

Old 01-16-2009, 05:04 PM

Thanks Derrel. I drove the car today all over and I love it! I need to up grade the radio system. Is the infinity system much better? Also, how do you change out the speakers. Do you have to take off the whole door panel? I have 6 speakers in my car now- Where do the 10 Speakers go in the car??

GrayKnight

Old 01-16-2009, 05:23 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: GrayKnight

Can anyone tell me what is the difference between the GLS-SE- Limited. I believe they don't make the SE any longer??
That depends on the model year. Here's the breakdown:

2006: Body Styles, Trim Levels, and Options
The Hyundai Azera sedan is available in two well-equipped trim levels: SE and Limited. The SE comes with five-spoke 16-inch alloy wheels, a power driver seat, dual-zone automatic climate control, a MP3-compatible CD player, a leather-wrapped steering wheel with manual tilt/telescope adjustment, a 60/40-split-folding rear seat and an electronic compass in the rearview mirror. The Limited adds 10-spoke 17-inch alloys, an electroluminescent instrument cluster, leather upholstery, front-seat heaters, a leather/wood grain steering wheel, a power passenger seat and a power rear sunshade. A power sunroof and Infinity audio system with a six-disc CD changer and 10 speakers are optional on either the SE or Limited, and power-adjustable pedals, a driver-seat memory system, a power tilt-and-telescoping steering wheel and power-folding mirrors are exclusive options for the Limited.

2007: Body Styles, Trim Levels, and Options
A full-size sedan, the 2007 Hyundai Azera comes in three generously equipped trim levels: GLS, SE and Limited. The GLS comes with full power accessories (including front seats), air-conditioning, auto-dimming rearview mirror and a six-speaker audio system with CD player. The SE adds chrome body accents, 17-inch alloy wheels, automatic dual-zone climate control, a leather-wrapped steering wheel and shifter, and heated mirrors. The Limited sweetens the pot by adding leather upholstery, heated front seats, wood-grain interior trim, electroluminescent gauges and a power rear sunshade.

The SE is eligible for the Premium and Leather Package, which provides leather upholstery, heated front seats, a 10-speaker Infinity sound system with CD changer and a sunroof. Azera Limited buyers may choose a Premium Package that includes the Infinity stereo and the sunroof. The Limited also offers the pricier Ultimate Package, which includes the sunroof, a more powerful stereo, a power tilt-telescoping steering wheel, power-adjustable pedals, rain-sensing wipers, power-folding outside mirrors and memory settings for the driver.

2008: Body Styles, Trim Levels, and Options
The 2008 Hyundai Azera is a full-size sedan available in two trim levels. The GLS comes standard with 17-inch alloy wheels, foglights, cruise control, dual-zone automatic climate control, power front seats (eight-way driver, four-way passenger), leather-wrapped tilt-telescoping steering wheel, cloth upholstery, a 60/40-split rear seat back, wood grain trim, an auto-dimming rearview mirror, HomeLink and a six-speaker stereo with a CD/MP3 player and satellite radio. The GLS Premium Package adds leather upholstery, five-level heated front seats and a sunroof (also available as a stand-alone option).

The Limited trim level has all of the above features, while adding power-folding outside mirrors with integrated turn signals, power rear sunshade, electroluminescent gauges and a 10-speaker Infinity sound system with in-dash six-CD changer. The Limited's Ultimate Package adds a power tilt-telescoping steering column, power-adjustable pedals, driver memory functions, a wood grain steering wheel, rain-sensing wipers and a 12-speaker Infinity Logic7 surround-sound stereo including subwoofer.

A touchscreen navigation system can be added to the Limited. When so equipped, the six-CD changer is dropped in favor of a single-disc player. Even in Limiteds without the Ultimate Package, the navigation system comes with the Logic7 surround-sound system.

2009: Body Styles, Trim Levels, and Options
The 2009 Hyundai Azera is a full-size sedan available in GLS and Limited trim levels. Standard equipment on the GLS includes 17-inch alloy wheels, foglights, heated mirrors, dual-zone automatic climate control, eight-way driver and four-way passenger power front seats, a 60/40-split rear seat, wood trim, a tilt/telescoping steering column, a leather-wrapped steering wheel and shift **** and a six-speaker stereo with a CD player, satellite radio, an auxiliary audio jack and an iPod/USB audio connection. The Premium Package adds a sunroof, leather upholstery and five-level heated front seats.

The Azera Limited adds those items, plus a larger engine, power-folding mirrors, a power rear sunshade and a 10-speaker Infinity stereo. The Limited Ultimate Package adds a power-adjustable steering column and pedals, driver memory functions, wood steering wheel and door pulls, rain-sensing wipers and a 12-speaker Logic 7 surround-sound system with an in-dash six-CD changer. A navigation system is optional on the Limited and includes the Logic 7 system; however, when so equipped, you lose the six-CD changer and both auxiliary audio jacks. Bluetooth is a stand-alone option.

Old 01-16-2009, 05:49 PM

Thanks for clearing that up. I assume that all Limited Azera's came with sunroofs and the upgrade radios in them.

Old 01-16-2009, 09:09 PM
Default RE: Whats the difference between GLS-SE-Limited?

ORIGINAL: GrayKnight

Thanks Derrel. I drove the car today all over and I love it! I need to upgrade the radio system. Is the infinity system much better?[Yes, I think so.]
Also, how do you change out the speakers. Do you have to take off the whole door panel?
I have 6 speakers in my car now-Where do the 10 Speakers go in the car??

GrayKnight

I will not get into that because it is not my thing.
Our 2007 SE has the Premium & Leather Package which included for a mere $2,800

Leather Seating Surfaces

Heated Front Seats

Power Sunroof w/Tilt and Slide

Premium Infinite* Audio w/In-Dash 6-Disc CD Changer

This radio also has XM which was a must-have.
When we got the car, it was the only Azera on the lot that had XM.
It has manyspeakers. However, I do not know for surehow many speakers
ithas,but it really sounds good to these 72 year old ears. Perhaps ten? [sm=idontcare.gif]

I will recommend Mike (aka allmet33) for whatever questions you may have
concerning radios, sound equipment, replacement speakers, boom boxes, etc.
In other words,every such modification to the sound system you would care to perform.
He has done just about all of them, and he will be glad to help you out I am sure!

Find him on just about any forum except here. Edmunds Azera andHyundai-Forums.com

Edmunds: http://townhall-talk.edmunds.com/Web...mp;model=Azera
Have fun. How much dinero do you have to spend? [sm=innoc.gif]

HTHs

[sm=feedback.gif]