Hyundai Coupe The European version of the American Tirburon.

Electric problem

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2010, 05:02 PM
Default Electric problem

Hi all,

I am new to this forum and need some advice! I have a Hyundai Coupe 2.0 gen2 year 2000 model, I was recently driving along heading towards Liverpool on the motorway, All of a sudden the radio cut off, and two seconds later come on again. As i then looked at my speedo it said 0, and i was doing around 80mph! SO i then started to test things as i was driving along and found the rear window heating not working and my front wipers / washers also dead! not good! I found that the fuse had blown, (fuse 8) by the gas padal, ( 15amp ) I changed this and as soon as i turned the ignition on, the fuse blew again! and it does it everytime! What is going on! Where do I start? Should I remove the dash? disconnect the wipers? I have already disconnected the radio with no luck! If anyone else has had this problem, please advise! I am going to tackle the problem in the morning! I am not sure whether this site is mostly american, If so as you will already have guest , its the euro model hyundai coupe I live in Liverpool, England and Hi to you all from across the pond!