Hyundai Elantra While not much larger than the accent, the Elantra offers similar room, but a sportier look and feel, as well as more power.

'12 Elantra base :(

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2011, 12:45 PM
Default '12 Elantra base :(

So when I saw the new design of the Elantra for the 2011 model year, I fell in love with it.
I recently bought a 2012 Hyundai Elantra, black on color, but at the time they were SO high in demand in our area that I had to take advantage of the few that the dealership had. (Me and this old woman fought over it, haha)

Anyway,
the model I ended up with is the absolute base. 15" wheels with wheel covers. No navigation. No steering wheel audio controls (except cruise control). No fog lights. No alloy wheels. It is the absolute base and I feel like I would have been better off getting an Accent! Not to mention the speaker system sounds horrible.

So are the upgraded models MUCH more different than the base? Would it be worth trading in and taking a bit of a loss?

Old 12-10-2011, 08:46 PM

Uh oh! Buyer's remorse?

I always like to have all the bells and whistles with my rides. However, if you are happy with your car, stick with it! You can always do some after market upgrades!