Hyundai voice command - BAD, BAD, BAD
Looking for HELP too. It seems in the very short time I have owned my 2014 Santa Fe Sport (just 2 weeks now) that I only now realize that the voice recognition is not even close. If only I could return it and take my other top choice. Here is the issue and it seems others have the same problems.
Background - hands-free phone use is required in my state next month and I have no solution in a Brand Spanking New Hyundai where the salesperson told me this would be a solution!!! Uuughhhhh.
- Bluetooth connection to my iPhone is fine.
- Pressing iPhone and using Siri hands free through the vehicle works perfectly for everything from making calls to reading back text messages, to making appointments.
- Using Hyundai's voice recognition works for everything EXCEPT making calls!
- Making calls using a NAME, the Hyundai consistently gives the wrong name or a list to names to choose from, sometimes with the right name on the list, sometimes the wrong name. These are not complex names either, things like HOME or Jim give completely bad answers not even close ones like Tim for Jim.
- Saving frequent names to favorites does nothing to help.
- I am not aware of any way to either train the car to work better or get the Hyundai to not use its voice recognition for phone calls and let my mobile phone handle that "heavy load"
In summary, I can only offer negative references for Hyundai under these conditions until this basic capability is somehow improved.