Hyundai Elantra While not much larger than the accent, the Elantra offers similar room, but a sportier look and feel, as well as more power.

2007 hyundia elantra limited knocking sound left rear tire

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2015, 01:00 PM
Default 2007 hyundia elantra limited knocking sound left rear tire

Last month I started hearing squeaking noises and knocking noise coming from the left rear tire area(right rear if facing the trunk) when ever i hit ANY kind of bump, pot hole, etc. If i had enough people in the car it would make only the squeaking noise even at a dead stop. I decided to get out of the car to see if i could find where the squeaking was coming from and I noticed that whenever i pushed a slight bit on the shock the squeaking would stop. I decided that the problem must be coming from my shocks or shock mounts so I put in new shocks and mounts. After putting in new shocks and mounts the squeaking stop but the knocking did not go away. I'm pretty positive I did everything correctly in putting in the new stuff. Like i said, it only make a knocking noise when i hit anything that makes my car bounce up and down. I'll try to record some of the sounds and see what you guys think. So, what could causing the noise??

Old 11-29-2015, 11:15 AM

Worn swaybar links.
Try to observe this: when you take a corner that has minor bumps does the knocking go away? When you take a corner the sway bar links are under load and will not knock. When you straighten up after the corner the knocking returns.

Old 12-08-2015, 02:17 AM

The issue may be caused by worn out stabilizer links. Have it checked.