Hyundai Elantra While not much larger than the accent, the Elantra offers similar room, but a sportier look and feel, as well as more power.

2010 GL Sport Interior Rattles

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2011, 12:44 PM
Default 2010 GL Sport Interior Rattles

Hey guys, first time poster. I've got a few rattles, just wondering if anyone has experienced them and been able to fix them. The dealer is having a hard time tracking them down.

I did see someone earlier mention the glove box rattle, but it seems like a design flaw. The latches are much smaller than the holes they fit in. Anyone have that correctly fixed?

I also have a crazy rattle from above the sunglasses tray between the windshield and the sunroof.

Just thought I'd ask.

Pete

Old 02-13-2011, 10:01 AM

where is the rattle coming from? glove box? the one you mentioned near the windshield, i have seen this a few times. if you have a power rearview mirror, check the shroud around the rearview mirror where the harness comes out of the mirror and goes to the headliner.

Old 02-14-2011, 01:57 PM

Originally Posted by ItzPetey
Hey guys, first time poster. I've got a few rattles, just wondering if anyone has experienced them and been able to fix them. The dealer is having a hard time tracking them down.

I did see someone earlier mention the glove box hid headlight kits rattle, but it seems like a design flaw. The latches are much smaller than the holes they fit in. Anyone have that correctly fixed?

I also have a crazy rattle from above the sunglasses tray between the windshield and the sunroof.

Just thought I'd ask.

Pete
Yea I have a rattle in mine (glovebox), where are yours coming from? Or a general idea of where they are coming from.

Old 02-14-2011, 07:30 PM

It's so hard to say. Sounds like near the latches.

As for the headliner/mirror... it's not a power mirror. I dropped the sunroof/sunglasses/interior lights panel and the wiring is very loose and not sound insulated. It didn't happen when the box was off so I just need a way to fix it.