Hyundai Elantra While not much larger than the accent, the Elantra offers similar room, but a sportier look and feel, as well as more power.

Bluetooth Connection Failure

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2012, 12:59 PM
Unhappy Bluetooth Connection Failure

Bought a 2011 Elantra back in June and had no problems connecting my Droid 2 through bluetooth. Suddenly last week I noticed the phone was no longer connected and now when I try to again, it says Connection Failure.

I just recently had an automatic car starter installed, I'm wondering if that's causing some sort of issue. I did try connecting a different phone, after a few failed attempts it did connect. Still no luck with the Droid 2 though.

It's frustrating that out of no where it's not working and the car is only six months old!

Any suggestions to fix this problem?

Old 01-02-2012, 11:55 PM

do other devices pair with the phone other than the car? if not try restarting the phone. my atrix 4g's fingerprint reader sometimes quits, but a restart usually fixes that. for their pairing instructions see here... in case you might have skipped something and didn't realize it.

Hyundai Bluetooth Compatibility

i did notice that is says it doesn't support pairing with a droid x2... but it should still handle the basic calling functions

Old 01-04-2012, 07:24 PM

Yes, the phone will connect to other cars and other various devices. The issue doesn't seem to be the phone.

I followed the instructions and the phone will pair but won't connect...it just doesn't really make any sense!

I might just have to bring it back to the place that installed the car starter and see if they did something.

Thanks for you help!

Old 01-07-2012, 11:06 AM

My wife and I have two Apple 3GS iPhones. We have periodic problems with the bluetooth connection and so have others as noted in other forums. That is the only issue we had with our Elantra in over a year.