Hyundai Elantra While not much larger than the accent, the Elantra offers similar room, but a sportier look and feel, as well as more power.

change raido and add ipod doc

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2011, 07:28 PM
Default change raido and add ipod doc

i have a 06 elantra that i need to get a new raido for since the one in has taken a crap.i was thinking of trying to find the raido in the junk yard and see if there was a doner car in the same lot with a ipod doc. since i dont smoke i was thinking i would pull the ash tray and install the doc there.i was hoping that someone could tell me how hard this might be.i have read that the raido might have an aux that i can tap into for the doc.can someone tell me if that is right? i also need to know how hard it is to pull the raido? i have put raidos into cars befor but not like this. if things work out the way i hope it should be a plug and play sort of thing.as for adding the doc i am hoping that i can plug it into the aux and mold a piece of plastic into the oval shape and glue it into the ash tray hole. any help with my ideals would be great.if you can think of a better way or if the things i have said are not right please inlighten me.thanks.