Go Back   Hyundai Forum - Hyundai Enthusiast Forums > Vehicle Line Up > Hyundai Elantra
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-28-2012, 11:28 PM

Default dash light problem

Hello everyone, i own a 2001 hyundai elantra gls. now the problem i have with my car is the main illumination light for the dash do not work. the seat belt light,e-brake,oil,chk engine light all of those work fine. just the main bulbs for me to see at night dont work. i have replaced the combination switch, all the bulbs, checked the fuses and they were all good. I took to dealer to have diag but they told me what i already knew. they told me it could be the dimmer switch or the circuit board for the dash lights just could be done for. now the lights on the shift selector(by cup holders,not on dash)and the cigarette lighter work just fine but do not dim when playing with dimmer switch. now could it be the dimmer switch? i just dont understand how if it was the dimmer switch why would it would it keep the cigarette lighter and shift selector lights on but not dim them and not make the main dash lights work at all. now is there a wiring diagram that is out there that i can use and trace out or is the circut board for the dash lights done for? the car is a 2001 hyundai elantra gls, automatic, with no fog lights or abs. any info will be great, thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old 09-09-2012, 09:11 PM

I'm having the same problem - hopping on your thread.
Old 09-21-2012, 07:08 AM

Not sure if this might help or not, had a problem with my `03 and found that if I would loosen the screws that hold the fuse panel to the dash the lights would work! I had to bend the thin metal bracket a little (pulled toward the pass. compartment) and have not had a problem since. Good Luck!
Old 09-21-2012, 07:14 AM

https://www.hyundaitechinfo.com/view...36c&imgext=svg

Hope the link works !
Old 10-06-2012, 02:26 PM

I have an '02 with the same issue. I found hitting the dash makes my lights come back on.
Old 10-06-2012, 02:26 PM

Tags
2000, 2001, 2010, 2013, dash, dim, dimmer, elantra, hyndai, hyundai, light, lighting, lights, problem, problems