Hyundai Elantra While not much larger than the accent, the Elantra offers similar room, but a sportier look and feel, as well as more power.

Hey all!!! New!! Wanted get some help!!!

Old 07-23-2013, 06:46 AM
Exclamation Hey all!!! New!! Wanted get some help!!!

hey everyone I have a 03 Elantra it's the Gt hatchback model with the 2.0 L4 DOHC, nice sporty car to get you around in! Very fun to drive except when in traffic because it is a stick ,but other than that seem's to be very good on gas probably would be better once I fix this pin hole leak in the exaust where the cat coming of the manifold meet's... Anyway I am happy to be apart of this site and I am not a professional mechanic but my fiance did crash this car literally the entire front end was all jacked up!!!lol I brought the babygurl back to life again even painted the hood and bumper myself in a garadge at home.Didnt turn out too bad for a first timer, a lil orange peel but nothing serious most of it has been buffed out or has gone away on its own guess from rain pounding on it kinda buffs it for you. You probably couldnt even tell it was in an accident unless you starred at it!!

I would really like to help any beginer's who might need a hand or want to know something about how to or what they might be n store for especially if working on a/c omg that can be a major pain in the *** take it from someone who knows. I tried to attermp this one on one of those heat waves last week in an unairconditioned garadge with a ramp that I built with some wood. I got the compressor condensor expansion valve and belt of but had a few problems!!! Honeslty thats why I am here even thought I have practically done everything to this car sometime's we all still need a liil help or direction sometime's so please if you know anything about the elantra and are a master mechanic or at least know your ish please comment so I could kindly ask you a question

ABOUT THE A/c pulleys tensioner etc. !!

Also where do I post my question's anywhere specific ??? I am new so just want to make sure I get my question answered and don't end up posting it in the wrong place wherre noone will see it or w.e.!!!

Thanks

MATT

Old 05-02-2016, 01:13 PM
Default MPG display in Elantra

Periodically, every 1000m or so, the MPG display resets to --- than slowly recovers. Local dealer is not much help. Any ideas?