Hyundai Elantra While not much larger than the accent, the Elantra offers similar room, but a sportier look and feel, as well as more power.

Hyndai 2011 Elantra Gls - Defogging Logic & A/C Issue

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2011, 07:57 PM
Default Hyndai 2011 Elantra Gls - Defogging Logic & A/C Issue

Hello,

First time posting so I apologize if this may be somewhat of a duplicate item:

First of all, I am confused by the defogging logic. What is it's purpose? I have a manual climate control syatem & the owner's manual gives instruction on how to turn it off or return to the programmed status:

Manual Climate control System:

Press the defrost button

Push the air intake control button at least 5 times

The indicator light in the air intake control button will blink 3 times with 0.5 second of interval. It indicates that the defogging logic is cancelled or returned to the programed status.

This last sentence seems contradictory.

First, how do I know if the defogging logic is cancelled or is on?

2nd, when want to defog the windshield and press the front defrost button the a/c light comes on. I then played with the defogging logic and now when I press the defrost button the a/c light doesn't come on.

Does this mean the defogging logic is cancelled?

Please advise on these two issues as they are confusing.

Sincerely,

John (Sockers 52)

Old 05-16-2011, 10:46 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by sockers52
First of all, I am confused by the defogging logic. What is it's purpose?
It automatically turns on the A/C when you select the windshield defog setting. This is a good thing because the A/C dehumidifies the air to help clear the windshield.

I have a manual climate control syatem & the owner's manual gives instruction on how to turn it off or return to the programmed status:

Manual Climate control System:

Press the defrost button

Push the air intake control button at least 5 times

The indicator light in the air intake control button will blink 3 times with 0.5 second of interval. It indicates that the defogging logic is cancelled or returned to the programed status.

This last sentence seems contradictory.
No, it just means the signal (the light blinking 3 times) is the same if you are turning it on or turning it off. So if the light blinks 3 times, you have set it to the opposite setting to what it was.

First, how do I know if the defogging logic is cancelled or is on?
If the A/C goes on when you select defog then it's on. If the A/C doesn't then it's off.

2nd, when want to defog the windshield and press the front defrost button the a/c light comes on. I then played with the defogging logic and now when I press the defrost button the a/c light doesn't come on. Does this mean the defogging logic is cancelled?
Yes.

Last edited by NovaResource; 05-16-2011 at 10:52 AM.
Old 05-16-2011, 06:28 PM
Default Defogging Logic - Follow-up question

Hello,

Just to claify a few things:

I understand that when you press the front defrost button and the A/C light comes on then the defogging logic is on as well.

What is the purpose of defogging logic when it is on?

What happens when you press the button right above the recirculate button as shown in the following photograph when defogging logic is on? That is a defog button as well. I would assume the A/C light will come on. Is this correct?

Thanks,

John

Old 05-17-2011, 07:10 AM
Super Moderator

What is the purpose of defogging logic when it is on?

What happens when you press the button right above the recirculate button as shown in the following photograph when defogging logic is on? That is a defog button as well. I would assume the A/C light will come on. Is this correct?

Yes, that should turn the A/C on as well.