Hyundai Elantra While not much larger than the accent, the Elantra offers similar room, but a sportier look and feel, as well as more power.

Hyundai Dealership Sucks!

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2006, 04:07 AM
Default Hyundai Dealership Sucks!

My front passenger door wasn't working and my brakes were squeaking so I took it to Hyundai dealership. Not the mechanic on the side of the road. It was an 80 dollar fee to look it. I paid that, They said the brakes were fine but they still squeak worse and worse every day and they said I need something new for the door. 130 dollars. I was like hell no, SO i went home and took the door panel off, put the metal rods back on snaps they are supposed to be on and my doors worked fine. HYUNDAI DEALERSHIPS SUCK!!

Old 05-04-2006, 02:44 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Hyundai Dealership Sucks!

ORIGINAL: Sperki4

HYUNDAI DEALERSHIPS SUCK!!
No, just the one you went to. And if your car is out of warranty, that doesn't sound unreasonable for any dealership regardless of brand. Just to counter this, here is my experience:

I bought my Elantra at Freeman Hyundai in Irving, Texas. I live 40 miles from there, but when I bought in Ocotober they were the closest dealer with a GLS AT hatch which was the model I wanted. I spoke to the salesguy, Mike on the phone and he gave me an idea of how much I would pay, give or take. Mike was great, giving me the deal he offered on the phone, and their finance department was superb; that's one aspect of a dealership that people only complain about, but I've never had a better experience financing a car. They gave me a free oil change with the sale and when I got that done, I saw their shop was almost surgical in its cleanliness; you could eat off the floor. They changed the oil quickly, efficiently and courteously, and I also cashed in the $10 off parts coupon they sent me to buy some oil filters.

The next dealer I had some experience with was Allen Samuels on the Northeast side of Fort Worth. I bought several parts through the parts manager, Todd, including my a Tiburon rear sway bar to upgrade my Elantra, and also did my first balance rotate there. They run a special where they rotate and balance using a Hunter machine (the best around) for $30. Sweet.

Finally, when my car had its first warranty concern I went to West Loop Hyundai in Fort Worth. They aren't a superdealer like those other two (who are combined with other makes); they are a stand-alone Hyundai dealership. The facility is a little more tired than those other two, but the people there, including Bobbie the service writer and Mike the mechanic, are top-notch. I ended up needing a new purge valve, covered under warranty, and was sent on my way. That night I started installing some wiring for fog lights I was adding and when I was done the car wouldn't start. I had it towed back to West Loop and they worked on it all day, and finally found a missing fuse. In retrospect I'm pretty sure I did that by mistake. They could have embarrassed me; they could have charged me for a lot of diagnostics. They did neither; they just put a new fuse in and sent me on my way. No charge. And they were awfully friendly.

I feel fortunate that I have 3 great Hyundai dealerships reasonably close. Maybe yours isn't a good dealership, or maybe they reacted to your manner; I don't know. But all my local dealerships have treated me right so far.

The dealer relationship with Hyundai was a concern when I bought the car and I was a little worried about the dealers, but my actual experience couldn't be better.

Old 05-22-2007, 09:18 AM

Routinely takes an hour and half to two and a half hours to get oil changed....fantastic customer service. I understand they aren't the only ones to do this, but its annoying that they feel the need to lie and say "you must get ALL work done at a dealership to keep the warranty from being voided"

Old 05-23-2007, 08:16 AM
Super Moderator

I recently had my 30,000 mile service done. I decided to go to the dealership that is close to where I work where I hadsome warranty work done- be a paying customer for a change. They know me pretty well there after several trips to eventually fix a Check Engine Light issue. They quoted me a 30,000 mile service package price of $330. I went through the list line-by-line. I ended up getting just an oil change, coolant flush and AT flush and only paid $180. (I had already changed the air filter). They didn't try to sell me more; they just did the work and gave me my car back. No complaints. There's another dealer locally that routinely runs a $15.95 internet coupon for oil change using OEM filter.

It helps to be a knowledgeable customer, I suppose, but the dealers in my area have been fine so far.

Old 10-18-2007, 10:45 PM

Ok...get this! I am in Utah for a few months while my son in law in Ohio is driving my hyundai. Well, the thing breaks down..no biggie. Took it to a local dealer in Cleveland. They say the car is not registered to me. I bought it 4 years ago at the same dealer where we had it serviced. It took them 2 WEEKS to call Hundai to find out that it was in fact my car. The car was under warrenty. WHAT A BUNCH OF BS!! What kind of business is hyundai running...ran by monkies! Don't bother with Hyundai!!