Hyundai Elantra While not much larger than the accent, the Elantra offers similar room, but a sportier look and feel, as well as more power.

Installed HID Lighting

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2012, 05:46 PM
Default Installed HID Lighting

My son talked me into installing HID lights on my Elantra recently. Put in the lights on the dim headlights and liked it so much we did the high beams and also the fogs on the SE model. Its a 2009 Elantra.

It was difficult to find a place to install the big ole capacitors that you have to have with the bulbs but the result is simply fantastic. Bright white lighting that just lights up the road way out there. Worth the effort and costs only about $100 if you do the work yourself.

I live in Oregon and drive in the backwoods often so I find the lighting is a safety factor in that it will light up deer along side the road which allows me to slow down to avoid a possible accident.

While we were on this lighting kick we also put in two nice lights on the back deck, inside the car above the rear seats. Put a switch in one of the glove boxes to turn them on. It was installed to use when I am out at hunting camp to light up the back end of the car so I can see to turn around or back up safely. These are just flat halogen lights. If you get one of those pickup truck on your rear bumper at night you could turn them on to get the driver to back off to a safe distance. That would not be legal so I have not choose to pull that little number yet.

Last edited by hyse09; 02-05-2012 at 05:48 PM.
Old 02-18-2013, 09:33 AM
Default 2012 Elantra Limited HID Fog / DRL issues

I have a 2012 Elantra Limited with DRL but no auto lights. I have purchased two Slim Digital Ballast kits. One H1 Low Beam and One 881 Fog. 10000K Blue. I have relay Harnesses and Flicker / Canceler Capacitors as well. My issue is one of my fog lights will work if I unplug it and reconnect it. But when in park if I switch off the fog lights the DRL kicks in then I reapply the fog lights the passenger fog light kicks off and will not turn back on.Also if the car is running and I turn on the Headlights while the DRL are active the stereo speakers have a single static click or crackle in them. I tried using only the relay kit or capacitors at one time. Does it require both? Any Ideas?