Hyundai Elantra While not much larger than the accent, the Elantra offers similar room, but a sportier look and feel, as well as more power.

Lantra Air con intermittent.

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2013, 04:32 PM
Default Lantra Air con intermittent.

Hi all, New to this site and need some advice on my 97 Lantra Wagon. Air con is on the blink. Started off a year ago when it would usually come on when you hit a bump or something similar. Now not working at all except for a gentle bit of cool air whilst underway. Does anyone know where I could start. Was thinking Transistor/resistor switch first. Thanking you in advance.

Kirko

Old 01-10-2013, 09:41 AM
Super Moderator

Could be any number of things. Are you sure the system is full of refrigerant?

Old 01-10-2013, 04:58 PM

Yep, even the fans do not work. Just sits there whisping away when underway. When stopped no fan at all.

regards
Kirko

Old 01-15-2013, 05:28 PM
Default Air con no longer working in Lantra wagon

Hi all,
I know this is the Elantra thread but the lantra's are pretty similar and no one was reading the section I first placed this question on, so here goes. My Air con started playing up about a year ago. Sometimes when you started the car the air con and fan would just not work. Then whilst underway if I hit say a pothole this would activate the aircon and it would start working again until I next turned the motor off. Sometimes the aircon would work as soon as you started the motor but more times not. Now the aircon does not work at all even the blower fan will not activate, however I can hear slight whisping from the outlets on the dash and a bit of cold air does come out. I have tried moving all fuses and relays but still no go, so no loose connection there. I was thinking maybe transistor/resistor behind dash. What do you think and does anyone have experience with this problem???????

regards
Kirko