Hyundai Elantra While not much larger than the accent, the Elantra offers similar room, but a sportier look and feel, as well as more power.

Upgrading Radio

Old 07-20-2020, 04:38 PM
Default Upgrading Radio

Hello... I have a 2012 Elantra and want to add a 2017 Hyundai radio with navigation. I bought a rear camera for the elantra models 2014-2016, but I don't have any harness wiring diagram to see where the inputs in the back of radio go where. This could simple, and hope that my steering wheel buttons still may work. Any wiring gurus out there?? Thanks!

Old 07-21-2020, 07:23 AM

You need to be aware that the radio may be one of the nodes in the electrical network on your vehicle. If it is not compatible with your particular model , year, you could wind up with problems. Suggest you confirm if the change can be done.
Hopefully , a Hyundai service dept will be able to better provide you with a worthwhile answer.
When the network is missing info from a node(Module) it could result in a "No Communication " problem that could include a possible no start problem.
We just cannot do with today's vehcles as we used to do in the past swapping what seem to be "Like " parts. The electronics kinda get in the way !

Old 07-21-2020, 11:04 AM

Originally Posted by hanky
You need to be aware that the radio may be one of the nodes in the electrical network on your vehicle. If it is not compatible with your particular model , year, you could wind up with problems. Suggest you confirm if the change can be done.
Hopefully , a Hyundai service dept will be able to better provide you with a worthwhile answer.
When the network is missing info from a node(Module) it could result in a "No Communication " problem that could include a possible no start problem.
We just cannot do with today's vehcles as we used to do in the past swapping what seem to be "Like " parts. The electronics kinda get in the way !

Thanks for the info.!! - Greg