Hyundai Elantra While not much larger than the accent, the Elantra offers similar room, but a sportier look and feel, as well as more power.

Stubborn right-rear door panel on 2000 Elantra

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2013, 10:23 AM
Default Stubborn right-rear door panel on 2000 Elantra

Hi, I am new to the forum, but have owned Elantras for years. I have two questions about my 2000 Elantra:

1. I suspect my 2000 has a bad motor controlling the right rear door window; the window is stuck halfway and can be manually pushed down, but can't be pulled all the way up. Also, there is no "motor noise" when trying to use the automatic switch to raise/lower the window. The instructions to remove the door panel seem straightforward, but I can't get the release handle housing off. The lone screw attaching it has been removed, but that sucker won't budge. Before I strong-arm it and crack it, is there something obvious that I'm doing wrong?
  2. I've shopped around online for a replacement motor and I can't find one specifically for the right rear door on the usually reliable rockauto.com. There are right rear window regulators on partsgeek.com, but does that include the motor?
Thanks in advance!