Hyundai Elantra While not much larger than the accent, the Elantra offers similar room, but a sportier look and feel, as well as more power.

Sub/Amp installation tips anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2011, 01:56 PM
Default Sub/Amp installation tips anyone?

Hey there,

I'm a noob when it comes to any sort of audio equipment installation in cars. In a few weeks I am getting a Bazooka Tube with built in amp:

BAZOOKA Mobile Audio - BTA10250D - BT Series 10 inch 250 watt Class D Amplified Tube

Here is a link to the Bazooka tube Guide to give you an idea of what I will be working with:
http://www.bazooka.com/pdf/current/T...gualforweb.pdf

And this is the Amp installation kit that is coming with it:
Newegg.com - BOSS AUDIO KIT2 8 Gauge Amplifier Installation Kit

I was wondering if anyone knows of a good walkthrough or has personal experience installing audio equipment into a 2008 Hyundai Elantra. In the Bazooka guide, it states that you can tap directly into an existing speaker wire instead of running wire to the head unit. My main question is: Does the stock head unit even support a direct connection to the amp? If so, would it be better to do that rather than tap into an existing speaker? Sound quality difference?

*2008 Hyundai Elantra SE. I believe I have the upgraded stereo system (MP3/upgraded speakers)

Let me know what you think!
Thanks guys, I really appreciate the help!
-Tagoo