Hyundai Elantra Touring / i30 The compact wagon / hatchback that has as much cargo space as a Tucson in a car the size of the Elantra sedan.

Changing Front/Side marker bulb 2010 Elantra Touring

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2014, 10:39 AM
Default Changing Front/Side marker bulb 2010 Elantra Touring

I need to change the Front/Side marker bulb in my 2010 Elantra Touring. The owners manual does not include instructions for changing this bulb. I am able to remove the headlight assembly and can see the bulb but it is difficult to reach and I have not figured out how to remove the bulb. I have seen advice that you can remove the marker bulb cover from the outside but I have not been able to do that. Any help is appreciated.

Old 11-25-2014, 07:40 AM
Super Moderator

Can you post some pictures of the front and back of the assembly? Usually the bulb is attached to an "arm" that slides into the back of the assembly.

Old 11-25-2014, 10:02 AM

I can try to get a picture but the marker light is not attached to the headlight assembly, and it is going to be difficult to see the detail of the marker light, which is attached to the fender and obstructed by structural materials.

With the headlight assembly removed, I can see the back of the marker, with a wire leading to a socket. The marker is attached to the fender with what looks like a plastic clip. Towards the front, the clip has a small, flat hook; towards the back, there is a larger, u-shaped piece. It almost looks like the u-shaped piece could be compressed and the holder pushed towards the rear enough to allow the hook in front to clear, and the entire marker to be removed. But I could not make it budge, without risking breaking it.

I hope my description helps.

I also realized last night that both my rear marker lights are out. They are not accessible from within the rear light assembly. If you know how to get at them, please pass that along as well.

Thanks for the assistance!

Old 11-25-2014, 11:33 AM
Super Moderator

Okay, so the marker lights not in the headlight assembly. They are reached from under the car reaching up. Yes, you press the one side and they pop out.

Rear one are reached from under the car too.

Old 10-20-2023, 03:40 PM

Thanks for those replies however a Youtube video shows a plastic cover inside the fenderwell - mine is also a 2013 but it does NOT have the plastic cover - do I have the remove the entire head light assembly?

Old 01-28-2024, 08:52 AM
mzb

Probably much too late for the OP, but if anybody else is looking here is the video you need:

TLDR; 5 minute job, access by pushing on one side of bulb and levering with a screwdriver.

Despite the model./date range given in the video works on 2011 Elantra Touring.

Problem with mine was not the light bulb, but the socket wiring corroding.