Hyundai Elantra Touring / i30 The compact wagon / hatchback that has as much cargo space as a Tucson in a car the size of the Elantra sedan.

Question on USB connection

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2010, 01:30 AM

Originally Posted by zero10
The adapter I linked from dealExtreme is under $2 and all of their stuff includes shipping. When I looked locally electronics shops wanted ~$15 for an adapter.
I've put one on order. Thanks for the link!

Originally Posted by zero10
Do you have the manual for the radio? Does it say in there about iPod control? I have learned from experience not to take the dealer's word on anything
I do, and it makes no mention of iPod support. Just MP3 and WMA via FAT formatted USB or Joliet/UDF CD-R/RW from what I can see. Sigh.

Yaz.

Old 04-29-2010, 09:32 PM
Default USB starts on the first song

I too use a regular old USB "stick". I always leave it plugged in. I think Hyundai's just trying to protect themselves. The stereo doesn't really turn on until the car is running.

I have a question though. When I first tried the stick, the stereo would "remember" the song I was on when I shut off & re-started the car. I found some problems with the files I loaded on it, corrected and reloaded them onto the stick, & now the stereo ALWAYS starts on the 1st song! It's pretty annoying. Does this happen to you?

Old 04-30-2010, 02:23 AM

That does not happen to me, I have 2 different thumb drives I use with the stereo and if I leave them plugged in all the time they each pick right up where they left off.

Old 04-30-2010, 09:15 AM

mdingel, I would reformat the USB drive and reload the files into the USB.

Old 05-01-2010, 09:49 PM
Default Thanks

Thanks all. I did format, but I just did a quick format, and, after that was when it quit staying on the song! I'm going to try a full format.

Old 05-07-2010, 09:39 AM
Default USB starting at begining update

Well, the stick I was working with died on me. I formatted a different one - this time a full FAT32 format. Then I used Windows Media Player to "sync" the stick. (Before I was just copying the files over to the stick". It seems to be working fine now, it starts where it was when I start the car.
One more wish if Hyundai is watching: display the artist name also!

Old 05-10-2010, 09:12 AM

I'm curious to know : what is displayed ? Only the song title?

I use the Aux line to play my I pod and I was considering buying an adapter to plug it into the mini-USB.

Thanks!

Old 05-10-2010, 02:05 PM

My 2010 shows the artist's name on one line, and the file name below that. I wish it would replace the file name with the name of the track.

Old 07-10-2010, 11:10 PM
jdp

I really enjoy using the usb/aux feature in the stereo as I feel the radio quality is a bit lacking. It is a bit annoying that the usb feature does not allow you to set random by directory or random all. Other than that, I love it!

Old 07-11-2010, 04:44 PM
Default Random

If you hold the random button in for a few seconds, it will random all. I agree it would be nice to random folders, and as the previous posing suggests, change what shows on the display. Al in all though I can't believe it is a stock stereo in a car at the price I paid. I was ready to head straight to the stereo shop when I drove off the lot. I'm still going to put in a 10" sub that I have, but if I didn't have it I probably wouldn't bother.

Quick Reply: Question on USB connection