Hyundai Entourage This minivan boasts of being one of the safest vehicles in its class.

Air Bag Light On

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2011, 04:22 PM
Default Air Bag Light On

The airbag light on our 2007 Entourage came on at almost exactly 70,000 miles. The dealer is telling me that it will cost $49.00 to hook it up to the computer to tell me what is wrong. Are they kidding me? Seems awful expensive!

I called my local mechanic and he does not have a computer that will work on a Hyundai.

I have read some issues with this in other internet resources and it seems that perhaps there might be an issue with the bracket that holds the airbag not being strong enough and coming loose. We were in New Orleans when this happened and the roads there are in terrible shape! We also live in snow country and the potholes this year are horrible.

We bought this used a few years ago and also bought an extended warranty on it. Any advise would be appreciated!

By the way, we love our mini-van and are sad they stopped making them. We had a Chrysler Town & Country before and it was a piece of junk!

Old 03-22-2011, 07:03 PM

Originally Posted by blondietink
The airbag light on our 2007 Entourage came on at almost exactly 70,000 miles. The dealer is telling me that it will cost $49.00 to hook it up to the computer to tell me what is wrong. Are they kidding me? Seems awful expensive!
OH MY... you know what that thing costs the dealer as a required tool along with the software and updates ?? You getting off cheap.. we is $92 now for diag..

I called my local mechanic and he does not have a computer that will work on a Hyundai.
Yep, proprietary software.. not out on the open market..

I have read some issues with this in other internet resources and it seems that perhaps there might be an issue with the bracket that holds the airbag not being strong enough and coming loose.
Got link(s).. SRS lights is result of open/short circuit input/output to SRSCM... Get the thing scaaned and recover the code(s) and base the repair off that information,,, mounting bracket is not an input/output to SRSCM.. never heard of bracket problems.. when bag deploy, they destroy everthing in sight..

DAB tears the steering wheel pad apart

PAB will blow the crap out of the dash panel. maybe even shatter the windshield

Side bags rip the seat cushions apart

Curtain bags break about all the upper trim panels/headliner

We bought this used a few years ago and also bought an extended warranty on it. Any advise would be appreciated!
Pay up for the scan, cant go anywhere with no data to effect a valid repair..
Get the info needed to make the repair.

Post the codes... SRS with Entourage is not an everyday thing around my place..

Old 04-01-2011, 06:13 PM

So here is the code that showed up on the computer: B1324

Bottom line is that the switches for the air bags are under the front seats. There was junk under the front seats, like a first aid kit, some magaines, etc. that got jostled when we were driving along those horribly bumpy roads in New Orleans and pushed up against the switches. The computer had to be reset. Now we have to drive it 100 plus miles for the computer to reset so that it will pass inspection. So, we are driving a vehicle with no inspection sticker until tomorrow. We are driving all back roads, hoping to avoid any traffic stops.

Moral of the story: don't put anything under the front seats of an Entourage.

Old 04-02-2011, 08:40 PM

1324 is a Weight Classification System Comm Error :

The SRSCM sets DTC B1324 if there is any error in communication between Weight Classification System ECU and SRSCM.

There is no reset and drive 100 mile BS... SRS is constantly testing itself for faults..

Ideally they should have walked through the WCS motions and reset the weight sensor calibration to reflect "0" wieght with empty seat, and cleared the WCS system of code, and cleared the SRSCM of code. End of story..

If the SRS light remains on after 6 second count of key-on, then we still have SRS fault somewhere.

Old 04-04-2011, 01:37 PM

As for the computer, DH said that when it was hooked up to the NYS inspections system, it kept coming up with an error that it couldn't read the catalytic converter, so it had to be run 100 miles, according to the dealer. He was really mad, to say the least. Anyway, after running over 100 miles, the computer system worked, it passed inspection and all is good. We're all set to drive to Florida later this week.

Old 04-05-2011, 09:54 PM
Default I had a 1324 today -- flagged "HISTORY"

Had 1 show up today.. scan -- WCS B-1324..

Cleared SRSCM, went to WCS, recalibrated weight class system, review data for seat empty & occupied, exited screen, back to SRSCM to verify cleared, key cycle, self test, pass.... documented screen shots as I went to prove I did the work so Hyundai will pay the claim.. gave the fella back his car.

Good 15 minutes setup and collect data and review..