Hyundai Genesis Sedan 2008-Present European styling and luxury combined with a high performance V8 makes the Genesis a serious contender.

BlueConnect BlueTooth Maximum devices paired

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2013, 04:10 AM
Default BlueConnect BlueTooth Maximum devices paired

Just bought a 2009 Genesis and trying to pair my iphone. After entering setup, giving it a pin, pairing the phone which then shows connected, the Genesis BlueTooth says "Maximum devices paired". When I click the Genesis activation button again, it says pairing failed.
According to the Johnson Controls BlueConnect site, my iphone 4s ios6 (also tried an iphone 4 ios5) are compatible.
When I go into setup to list all devices or delete a device, the Genesis bluetooth says there are "No paired devices".
Ughh anyone have a solution?
Thanks

Old 03-10-2013, 02:58 PM

Bottom line:
It took weeks but dealer replaced the control unit under warranty. Not sure where they got the control unit but just sharing for others.

The longer story:
The dealer Pohanka Hyundai Capitol Heights MD | Hyundai Dealers Washington DC, Maryland and Virginia | Hyundai Dealerships College Park | Hyundai Dealer Bowie | Waldorf | Laurel | Annapolis | Silver Spring didn't keep me informed informed that my BlueTooth was obsolete. It is a separate unit that is housed where you would normally have sunglass holder.

I was able to have the dealer give me my part number U8781-3MP00-BR.

I found some on ebay that were close (wrong color) and figured they could gut it for parts. One great seller on ebay provided a lot of info while he didn't have the part.
From ebay
Allen @ Philadelphia Hyundai Dealer - Ciocca Hyundai - Allentown & Doylestown
In Hyundai Parts Number Speak the "BR" is the color. Having said that if you buy a bluetooth kit and the part numbers begin "U8781-3MP00" or "U8781-3M000" it will work with your car, the only difference is the color. The difference between the "P" and the "0" is P stands for Port installed option aka "PIO". Without the P it's a dealer installed option aka "DIO". The only difference between the two is the packaging. DIO's are packaged nicely to be shown at a dealership. PIO's are just in a plain bag/box with no frills for the installation technicians that work at the ports.

I had to continue to ping the dealer every few days in order to get the issue resolved.