Hyundai Getz Offering a sportier look than the Atos, the Getz preserves the economy of the sub compact market in both the 2 and 4 door models.

Getz dash removal

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2008, 08:30 PM
Default Getz dash removal

Hey guys,

Long time reader, first time poster here

Was just curious if anyone has had any experience removing the centre/console dash from their getz? I have an 05 model and have gotten as far as removing the centre console/dash from the clips and disconnecting the centre console itself from the dash, however the components connecting the air conditioning controls to their respective functions on the air conditioning unit, seem to be restricting me from removing the centre console entirely.

Ultimately, I was simply wanting to install a new head unit as my stock unit has failed and ceased working.

Many thanks in advance

Simon

Old 02-19-2012, 09:47 AM
Default console removal

Hi there,
I managed to remove the Airco switch of my getz 2006 by pulling the console slightly forward and squeeze the switch housing left and right until unlocking it from the console and moving it slightly out of the console.

Then comes the connector. its locking lever sits on top of the connector in between to things. I--I. push it down with your pointing finger nail, while releasing tension by pushing the switch housing slightly back in the console. And pulling it gently out when the connector releases.

I used a webcam with lighting to see behing the dash. :-)))

Now i just need to find some mini lightbulbs or leds for the airco switch.

I am curious how you disconnected the center center console. I assume you mean the section with the airflow controls.

I am all so curious how to remove the rest of the panels.

Greetings Robert

Originally Posted by casa
Hey guys,

Long time reader, first time poster here

Was just curious if anyone has had any experience removing the centre/console dash from their getz? I have an 05 model and have gotten as far as removing the centre console/dash from the clips and disconnecting the centre console itself from the dash, however the components connecting the air conditioning controls to their respective functions on the air conditioning unit, seem to be restricting me from removing the centre console entirely.

Ultimately, I was simply wanting to install a new head unit as my stock unit has failed and ceased working.

Many thanks in advance

Simon