Hyundai Getz Offering a sportier look than the Atos, the Getz preserves the economy of the sub compact market in both the 2 and 4 door models.

power window not coming up

Old 12-25-2008, 09:18 PM
Default power window not coming up

Power window on the front passenger seat has gone down but not coming up now. Hyundai getz 2003, 3 door. Driver side is ok, I have checked the fuse and everything, Plz help

Old 12-26-2008, 04:26 AM
Banned
Default RE: power window not coming up

You have to take the door apart and see if you are getting power to the window motor. It's either a bad motor, a bad switch, or a bad connection. It's common for the motor or the switch to go bad. Since you don't mention the window going up with either door switch, then I would guess it's a problem with the motor.

Last edited by NovaResource; 09-20-2011 at 07:23 PM.
Old 12-26-2008, 07:09 AM

Given your description I'd say:

Does drivers window go up/down? If no then fuse.
Does passenger window go up/down from drivers control? If no then likely motor in window.
Does passenger window go up/down from passenger control? If only 1 direction then likely switch in passenger side.

Check eBay there's often switches for sale on there for various Hyundai models and years.
Also there's always the possibility of a loose wire.
I've attached a snippet of the repair procedure for the power windows in a 2003 Accent that shows the wiring diagram and attaching 12v power to the motor to verify it's operation.

[IMG]local://upfiles/6852/1D3E5DA9485449C18EAAF9194B91C94C.jpg[/IMG]

Old 12-26-2008, 06:23 PM

THanka for your replies guys.. i really appreciate..

Well yes the driver side power window is fine. ANd yea i cant control the passenger side window at all. So it has gone permanently down and not coming up at all.

Can someone please guide me or post a diagram/images on how to remove the door panel... I tried removing the screws but could not figure out what to do...

Appreciate the help...

THanks

Old 12-26-2008, 06:37 PM

I have the instructions for door trim removal in PDF form for a 2003 Accent but don't have an easy way to get it to you. This form doesn't accept PDF uploads. Can you send me a private message through the form with your email and I'll email it to you? it's only about 230kb.

Old 12-26-2008, 07:10 PM

Hi Bitmugger... i have sent u a PM.. waiting for ur reply...

Thanks champ

Old 12-27-2008, 12:11 AM

mmm i did not have any luck opening the door panel... Does anyone got the exact instructions for Getz on how to open the panel.... Or i think i'll go to an electrician on Monday...

Old 09-10-2015, 11:56 PM
Smile Front Passenger window on Santa Fe 2012

the window will not go up Do you have a trouble shooting guide for that vehicle. Need some assistance. I started to take out the motor on the front passenger door but I noticed the window regulator starting to move. I don't know the proper procedure to remove the motor.I need some help. I tried both switches drivers and passengers door. I also noticed when putting the switch in the down position you here a sound from the motor but when you place either switch in the up position I hear nothing. So my guess is its the wiring or the motor any help would be appreciated.

Old 09-22-2015, 05:52 AM
Default 2006 hyundai tucson same problem

I just had this exact problem happen today. For a little background this problem is occurring in my front passenger side window. it has been acting up for around a month now. I initially thought it was caused by how i sit in the drivers seat and my jeans constantly rub against the window lock causing it to be locked and unlocked multiple times while i am driving. The passenger window locked up the first time about 1 month ago in the down position. it seems to have no issue rolling down but always back up. this was temporarily resolved by hitting the window lock button multiple times while attempting to roll the window up and down simultaneously eventually the window rolled up.

After multiple occurrences of this happening i have somehow managed to get the window fully stuck in the down position. I've been messing with it now for about 3 hours and cannot get it to budge at all in the upward direction. The drivers side control wont go up at all and makes no noise in that direction at all however when trying to roll the window down i can hear the motor run and can also see the window slightly budge down before coming back up as soon as i release the button. The passenger side control has the exact same effect.

Having shortly researched this issue I've come to the conclusion that its most likely a short somewhere in the wiring most likely in the door-jam or a burnt out window motor. Tomorrow I plan on jumping the motor to the battery to see if i can't get it to move up otherwise, I'm just looking for any other possible problems to look into tomorrow. I'm very frustrated by this as i hate to leave the window open overnight. I would greatly appreciate any guidance if anyone has some input. Thanks!!!

Old 09-29-2015, 07:45 AM

Same thing happened to my car. I found out that the window problem is caused by a faulty regulator.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: power window not coming up